trail etiquette

60wag

Rising Sun Member
I find most bikes on Peak to Peak highway wave regardless of brand. I think it has to do with the scenery. Around town, not as much.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
my rule - don't waive first to no gear. being a scooterist as well, i can tell you I have never been refused a waive by a TRUE harley person I waive at while on my vespa..

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Tim, be careful trying to wave, and use the clutch, and make hand signals, while talking on the 2m, and texting, and thinking of cool things you could make out of plastic to put on your new bike.

I use the couple fingers below the bar wave to anyone with a cool bike.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
... i can tell you I have never been refused a waive by a TRUE harley person I waive at while on my vespa..
might have to do with the vespa... do you polish it first? It could be, he is trying to deflect sun glare...

Beater

Hard Core 4+
dude... seriously? first you get all elitist on the smart, now vespas? really?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
dude... seriously? first you get all elitist on the smart, now vespas? really?
Absotively. Hey, you opened the door... I just walked through it.

You do know that if it has a motor I am likely to find more right with it than wrong... right? :lmao:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I used to wave all the time when I rode out east... only to non harley riders though. *most* Harley riders never waved back unless I was on a Harley it seemed. Any other kind of riders would wave back and forth in town though. big packs of people on sport bikes would zip by me and every single one of them would wave.. just like you see harley folks do all the time.

lots more riders out here though so it seems like it gets to be a pain and people don't do it as much.

Sometimes I still wave at harley riders nice and big to let them know I matter too :) they still never wave back.

yesterday when I was riding your bike I gave "the nod" twice and one wave. kinda depends on if I am busy or if I have a hand free.

the one to perfect is the wave while Wheelieing. Most riders will wave back no matter what if you do that.
Also, on the interstate I like giving waves mainly because most people wave back no matter what, and you are both heading somewhere farther away.. on a road trip. People are much better about it on the interstate. It seems to mean a lot more there. Almost like you are telling each other to be safe and watch out.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
the one to perfect is the wave while Wheelieing... Almost like you are telling each other to be safe and watch out.

Cool, got it! :thumb: :wav:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
yesterday when I was riding your bike I gave "the nod" twice and one wave. kinda depends on if I am busy or if I have a hand free.

the one to perfect is the wave while Wheelieing. ...
You were riding my bike yesterday? Why you sneaky devil you.... hey, if it was anyone else...

Yeah they all wheelie pretty well, especially the Buell in second with a passenger taking off from a light. Kinda woke my son up one lethargic Sunday morning. :lmao: