Traditional Annual Not-Part-Of-The-Rally Trail Run - Bill Moore Lake Sunday 9/11/22

heliotrpic

Rising Sun Member
Hello, I'm a new member here, heard about the run at the swap meet today. I'm in and will see you all at the McDonald's bright and early tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully adding some value to the group as I get acquainted.

Attachments

• PXL_20220604_222654915.jpg
    PXL_20220604_222654915.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I plan on making this. @Rzeppa, do you have a guesstimate of how long we will be on the trail? I know it is weather and head count dependent as well as any mechanical issues.

Killacaviar

New-ish
I plan on making this. @Rzeppa, do you have a guesstimate of how long we will be on the trail? I know it is weather and head count dependent as well as any mechanical issues.
Meet at the McDonalds at El Rancho at 9:00 AM. Post up below if you think you're coming and we'll wait if you are running a little late. The trailhead is just outside Empire. We'll caravan from McDonalds to the trailhead, where we'll air down, lock our hubs and have a brief driver's meeting.

This is a fairly easy trail that can be done in any stock Toyota 4x4. We should make it to the lake by lunch time, and be back on pavement by around three or four o'clock, depending on how much time we hang out at the lake.

The lake is right around timberline, so it can get fairly chilly. Expect typical unpredictable Colorado high country weather; most of the time it's just plain beautiful.

I have been leading this after-rally Bill Moore Lake run for many years, obviously there's been a pandemic related gap, but looking forward to picking the tradition back up! Links to a couple previous year's runs:

Bring plenty of water, lunch, warm clothing, sunscreen, etc. CB channel 4.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Unfortunately we can't make it today, have fun everyone!