Traditional Annual Not-Part-Of-The-Rally Trail Run - Bill Moore Lake Sunday 9/11/22

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Meet at the McDonalds at El Rancho at 9:00 AM. Post up below if you think you're coming and we'll wait if you are running a little late. The trailhead is just outside Empire. We'll caravan from McDonalds to the trailhead, where we'll air down, lock our hubs and have a brief driver's meeting.

This is a fairly easy trail that can be done in any stock Toyota 4x4. We should make it to the lake by lunch time, and be back on pavement by around three or four o'clock, depending on how much time we hang out at the lake.

The lake is right around timberline, so it can get fairly chilly. Expect typical unpredictable Colorado high country weather; most of the time it's just plain beautiful.

I have been leading this after-rally Bill Moore Lake run for many years, obviously there's been a pandemic related gap, but looking forward to picking the tradition back up! Links to a couple previous year's runs:

Bring plenty of water, lunch, warm clothing, sunscreen, etc. CB channel 4.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Interested, thanks jeff for leading!

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Just to be clear this is not accosiated with the Rally at all because of our insurance. This needs to be renamed so it’s not confused. Thanks

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Just to be clear this is not accosiated with the Rally at all because of our insurance. This needs to be renamed so it’s not confused. Thanks

This has been the name of these runs ever since our very first rally, and it has always been associated with the rallys in that we promote the runs at the rally, and the runs have always been the Sunday after the rally. No one who attends the rally or the runs gives a hoot about insurance, except the named insured.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey Jeff, I understand that this has been the way of the past. To be clear I care, because I have a duty to TLCA and to the insurance company that we don’t do this. If you want more details feel free to call me, or drop me a PM. But this needs to change because of the insurance request the committee requested specific it would not be associated with a wheels moving event. Thanks

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
This has been the name of these runs ever since our very first rally, and it has always been associated with the rallys in that we promote the runs at the rally, and the runs have always been the Sunday after the rally. No one who attends the rally or the runs gives a hoot about insurance, except the named insured.
Times are different now. Doesn't mean don't talk about it, doesn't mean don't do it. But it does mean don't expect to see any sign-up sheets or driver's meetings at the swap meet- the Rally is only on Saturday, and it's only in a parking lot. But it's super cool folks want to wheel the day after it, if it wasn't our anniversary I'd be there also.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
This is a great tradition, Thanks Jeff for keeping it up!
I'm not sure if I can roll up yet or not but I'm going to try.

Don't worry too much about what the run is called everyone, worry about what to bring and how to open your schedules!

EDIT: This run planned for 9/11/2022 is not affiliated with, nor part of, the clubs official "Rally and Show and Shine Event" on Saturday which is a TLCA sanctioned and insured event.

Last edited:

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Leave the name full stop

And if I can make it Jeff I damn sure will

Btw I still have this HFS fj40 winch bumper if you want it

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Leave the name full stop

And if I can make it Jeff I damn sure will

Btw I still have this HFS fj40 winch bumper if you want it

Thank you! And what HFS bumper? There was one for sale here a while ago but the guy never contacted me.

wlucero

Rock Stacker
Rookies and brand new to the group. Met two great members :)- - - - on two separate occasions. Wife and I plan on being there in lifted Tacoma. Sounds like a beginner run, so hopefully ok to attend?

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Rookies and brand new to the group. Met two great members :)- - - - on two separate occasions. Wife and I plan on being there in lifted Tacoma. Sounds like a beginner run, so hopefully ok to attend?
Absolutely okay. We would be happy to have you come along!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member

Yes, this is considered a beginner run. Any stock Toyota 4x4 should have little difficulty, assuming it didn't get much if any snow last night and today. At the Rally Steve told me that it was clear up in Summit county where he lives, so hopefully we shouldn't have any issues due to snow.