For Trade Trade Only: 2004 LS430, 83k Miles

80 Life

Wincher
Hearing trades for my 2004 Lexus LS430. My new construction gig includes a gas card/vehicle allowance and I feel like I should get something more suitable for the job and don't want to daily my 80 series.
  • 2004 Lexus LS430
  • 83, xxx Miles
  • I became the 2nd Owner February 2023 at 78, xxx miles. The original owner drove this until his passing December 2022 and was a Chicago Transportation Executive. Always garaged and serviced at a Lexus Dealership.
  • Flint Mica Exterior. Paint is good for 20 years old, but nowhere near perfect.
  • Ash Leather Interior. Excellent Condition with no rips, stains, or tears.
  • 80K mile service was already completed at Lexus Dealership before my purchase.
  • New Timing Belt Kit installed at 80K Miles (Timing Belt, Water Pump, Drive Belt, Idlers).
  • Added Factory Features Include: Smart Key Access, Back-Up Camera, Heated/Cooled Seats, Front/Rear Parking Sensors, and Navigation.
  • Everything works including steering wheel tilt & telescope, folding mirrors, rear sunshade, and oscillating air vents.
  • Clean title, Colorado registered with recent emissions pass.
Cons:
  • Cracked windshield. Safelite quoted $235.00 for replacement.
  • Exterior scuffs here and there, but overall pretty good. Consistent of an 80+ year-old man who backs into his trash cans once a year.
  • Rear badge delete besides the Lexus "L". Holes have plugs that look clean, but new owner could very easily remove the plugs and add new LS badging. I look at this as a pro, but I know how others are.
  • Surface rust on the exhaust system, consistent with a 20 year old vehicle exhaust.
Trades Wanted:
  • Landcruiser 100 Series or LX470
    • 2000-2007
  • Tacoma 2nd Gen
    • 2009+, 2012 & 2013 preferred
    • 2.7l w/ Manual or 4.0l w/ Auto
  • 4Runner Fourth Gen
    • 2006-2009
    • 4.7l V8 Preferred
  • GX470
    • 2007-2009
    • Non-Navigation preferred
  • GX460
    • 2010-2013
Maintenance History > Low Mileage
Stock > Built
Open to adding cash on top or vise versa

Attachments

• IMG_7802.jpeg
    IMG_7802.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7799.jpeg
    IMG_7799.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7800.jpeg
    IMG_7800.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7804.jpeg
    IMG_7804.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7808.jpeg
    IMG_7808.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7805.jpeg
    IMG_7805.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7807.jpeg
    IMG_7807.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7806.jpeg
    IMG_7806.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7782.jpeg
    IMG_7782.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7783.jpeg
    IMG_7783.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7787.jpeg
    IMG_7787.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7788.jpeg
    IMG_7788.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7786.jpeg
    IMG_7786.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7785.jpeg
    IMG_7785.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7790.jpeg
    IMG_7790.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7793.jpeg
    IMG_7793.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7794.jpeg
    IMG_7794.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7791.jpeg
    IMG_7791.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7797.jpeg
    IMG_7797.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7798.jpeg
    IMG_7798.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
This is a nice car! You should take some photos during the day, the flint mica is a nice color.

80 Life

Wincher
This is a nice car! You should take some photos during the day, the flint mica is a nice color.
Thanks, I will get pictures updated tonight.

I listed the dream trade vehicles, but am open to most SUV’s/Trucks. Should have added 1st Gen Tundra and Sequoias to the list.

Last edited:

80 Life

Wincher
No cash only deals?
At the moment I haven't figured out a number I would let it go for. If someone pulled up in a clean 100 Series/LX470 I know it would be too practical to resist. Based on comparable sales I would say $15,000 firm would sell fairly quick, dealership price seems to be around $18,000. Keep in mind 04'-06' are where the money is spent on LS 430's.

80 Life

Wincher
Photos are updated after a quick clean and wash after work. @HDavis accidentally came by and saw it while checking out my roommates cruiser, small world lol he commented for more pics right before that.
A few extra things to note:
1) Plates are on the way. Title will be in my name when sold.
2) Every once in a while a code will pop up for an exhaust leak. I passed emissions by miles so I haven’t worried about it and make sure it’s the same code and clear it. As noted up top, the exhaust has some rust so a little work could be done there but not necessary anytime soon.
Code is P0430 .

80 Life

Wincher
Hmm

I need a car for shitball work

Zit ziiit

View attachment 119747

How bout a mini?
@DanielChase not included

View attachment 119748

Probably need money from your end
Guessing nah
Too old school
Lemme know
I have actually admired your mini and have caught myself staring at this exact picture for minutes on some other post. Let me know a little more about it and where you roughly value it and we can go from there. My brain was telling myself to get something newer, but my heart is saying it’s a freakin mini truck man.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
That's too nice of 1st gen to beat up. I'd feel defeated if that got worked over doing construction. Or stolen. Especially the long bed without fist sized rust holes in the sides, they're comparatively pretty rare.

Tell ya guys what. I'll buy Simps' '82 and you can do a cash deal for the Lexus. I'm just doing everyone a solid. I'd offer my Tacoma but it's a stick shift V6 and it wasn't easy to find. Plus my 'Nest wouldn't fit a long bed. Oh, yeah, and I don't need a car for anything.

Last edited:

80 Life

Wincher
That's too nice of 1st gen to beat up. I'd feel defeated if that got worked over doing construction. Or stolen. Especially the long bed, they're comparatively super rare compared to an 80.
Agreed, but the most “construction” thing I do anymore is putting boxes in my vehicle to bring to my guys on-site who are the real stars

Last edited:

80 Life

Wincher
It’s not in your name yet?!?

I have Been in the game for a minute…
I am moving a car I don’t technically own
generally means “I don’t love it, something’s wrong, or I just don’t want it…Will title it when it’s time to move it”

What’s the actual story
Cause none of us are new here
I can explain further for you.
I was able to acquire this because the original owner was my grandmas neighbor and I got a deal no one who knows Toyota/Lexus could pass up. My job and life doesn’t call for a RWD V8 sedan so I thought I would see if someone else’s did. My last day of work is Wednesday at my old job and start a new job soon. @HDavis just met me but he can confirm as we work in the same industry and I was wearing a company t-shirt today.
To be honest this is my first time buying an inherited car and didn’t know what it all required to get titled in my name. The original owners son just got back from Germany and sent me all the documentation required.
Please come over to my house and check it out, take it for a drive. I can show you that everything I just said is factual and true. My girlfriend was supposed to register it Monday but I told her I would just do it since I have a week between jobs. I’m not hiding anything, I would have just covered the temporary tag if so.
I respect the hell out of this car and feel a little disrespected that you think I’m trying to pull a fast one. This car is posted nowhere else than Rising Sun for only you guys. Why would I get one over on guys I wanna crack beers with down the road? The first thing I did is a $1500 timing kit for it.

Last edited:

80 Life

Wincher
I don’t think you are trying to misrepresent or pull one over on anyone

I think you probably got a good deal from the OG and you want to make some money on it

Not a damn thing wrong with that at all
I want zero money man, just another solid vehicle. Like others here I am finding I have an issue where I just like driving different stuff and am constantly changing. I saved this vehicle from becoming a high schoolers car sitting outside in the Midwest so please don’t make me the bad guy here. I personally drove it 1000 miles back and have maintained it perfectly. It’s better than I received it.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I've been burned by sketchy registration situations being given a title signed by someone a step removed but never reissued. Never again for me. At least mine was with a camper trailer so it wasn't that bad.

Not that I'm in any way an interested party (other than wanting to see Mike's 1982 given due respect). It'll be a big step to get a clean title. Yeah, it'll cost you sales tax.

80 Life

Wincher
I've been burned by sketchy registration situations being given a title signed by someone a step removed but never reissued. Never again for me. At least mine was with a camper trailer so it wasn't that bad.

Not that I'm in any way an interested party (other than wanting to see Mike's 1982 given due respect). It'll be a big step to get a clean title. Yeah, it'll cost you sales tax.
I was required to get the previous owners Certificate of Death and Letters of Office - Decedents Estate. I finally received them 8/16/2023 and my gf was suppose to title it Monday but work was busy. Yes it wasn’t easy to get this done, yes I plan to pay tax and have this in my name as stated originally.

80 Life

Wincher
Quick Update: Lexus has a clean Colorado title with my name on it and is plated if anyone was interested at all in checking it out for a trade.