• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Top end rebuild

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Bike had the rekluse and rear brake lever when I bought it. I love it!!! Rear brake on the bars is just awesome on technical downhills.

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
Bike had the rekluse and rear brake lever when I bought it. I love it!!! Rear brake on the bars is just awesome on technical downhills.

can't bring myself to the brake lever though...my clutch still operates as a normal clutch, and I ride a lot of track still :)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
can't bring myself to the brake lever though...my clutch still operates as a normal clutch...

that's going to be my plan, when I ultimately do the Rekluse. I rode Farnham's and definitely locked up the back tire a few times pulling the clutch in :rolleyes: :D.. I guess you get used to it though. Still, I think for a lot of pavement time having a lever-actuated clutch is a good thing.

/hijack.. engine is looking good, Farnham! Can't wait to experience the results in about 4 weeks.. :cool:

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
It's ALLIVE!!

New battery. pulled choke. Pushed magic button. Yin,Yin,BBBBRRRRRPPPPP!!!!!!!

Took it around the block added a splash more oil.Then a couple more laps. Pics to follow.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Replaced rear wheel bearings, upper shock bearing, sprockets & chain, swing-arm sliders, JD jet kit, clutch cover, new front fenders and shock guards. Some random hardware, a new battery, and a bunch of elbow grease. I'm am very pleased with myself, first 4 stroke top-end rebuild. I own a timing chain tool if anyone needs to borrow it.:wrench::wrench:

Attachments

• IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1367.jpg
    IMG_1367.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 207

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Nice. Put some miles on it so it's broken in before Utah... if the snow has melted enough.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I tried to fit in a short ride yesterday, didn't happen. Trying for today. It's my last day of work for the ski season. Bittersweet. Nice to get the time off, little frightening to know the money faucet will be off for a month.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Went for a test ride today. Ran very well.

Attachments

• IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 196

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Nice, it looks happy.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
sweet :)

glad to hear it is running well!

I love the feeling of running a motor you built :) Makes it more fun :)

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I plan on Pre running Poison Spider and Hells on Thursday with it. As I'm trail leader for those Fri and Sat. I think I'll be a little too busy socializing to get in much more than that.

For those unaware, Motorcycles May NOT, follow along during Cruise Moab Trail rides.