too cool for 2wd school

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Very clean looking truck!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Why's the bed a different color? Funny how he smudged out his license plate on the first one, then lost interest. :)

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Why's the bed a different color? Funny how he smudged out his license plate on the first one, then lost interest. :)

I know right?
if you're gonna swirl the front one 1 pic you should probably go all out and do the rest...

I'm wondering if the bed is faded i.e. not repainted and the front was...

dunno
called the number no response
too bad cause i had a buddy up there today who could've went and looked at it.

that's why I put it up here, maybe somebody else could get more motivated about it and find themselves what appears to be a pretty good deal.

I think if I brought home another rarely driven vehicle the :Princess: would make me live in it :eek:

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
The beds on '79-era Toyota trucks were (IIRC) assembled and painted and installed in Calif. when the truck was imported. This plant later became the NUMMI assembly plant. I had a yellow '79 4x with different colored bed. Importing the trucks without the bed saved on some tariff charges. So, a mismatched bed on that era truck doesn't mean a repaint. I could be all wet on this, but this is the legend of Toyota minitrucks of that era.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
That is a thing of beauty. I bought a white 81 2wd new back in the day. What a great truck - even in 2wd.

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
My buddie's '75 had mismatched paint on the bed/cab, too.

My 79' was that clean when I first got it too. Now...still nice but not pristine anymore.