For Sale (not mine) Tom Hanks to Auction His FJ40

Use this prefix if you're selling for a friend or just saw a deal that you'd like to share.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
"The two-door features a 2000 model year General Motors 4.3-liter V6 and five-speed manual transmission, power steering and brakes, plus a set of shocks and a steering damper from Old Man Emu."

Cool! I just got a brand new steering damper from Old Man Emu. I'm just like Tom!

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
"while the Hagerty Price Guide puts a top value on a perfectly preserved example without a Hollywood connection at $80,600."

I didn't realize a perfectly preserved 40 included a 2000 model Chevy 4.3 liter V-6, and the other goodies.....Who Knew??

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I would guess that they just threw that out there as an example of the high end of the FJ40 market. I don't know if I've ever seen a Chevy 4.3 in an FJ40, there can't be too many of them out there, so there probably isn't much of a frame of reference for what they'd go for. I expect that the main premium on this particular rig is bragging rights to boast who the PO was. FWIW, Chevy 4.3s are very common as donors of TBI for 2F FI conversions.