For Sale Today's Facebook Marketplace Deals

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Thanks @J1000 for driving to get the pig! My analysis is that the carb jets are clogged - hopefully it’ll run better once I dig into that a little bit. It also sometimes doesn’t want to roll in neutral - one of the arms on the steering knuckle is toughing the wheel and that may be the cause, more to come.

In other news, this is on FB Marketplace:

5B198CD4-BA33-4336-A574-AC885E674DBA.png

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Thanks @J1000 for driving to get the pig! My analysis is that the carb jets are clogged - hopefully it’ll run better once I dig into that a little bit. It also sometimes doesn’t want to roll in neutral - one of the arms on the steering knuckle is toughing the wheel and that may be the cause, more to come.

In other news, this is on FB Marketplace:

View attachment 96262
I went and looked at this on Friday. Its triple locked and the actuators are present. I still passed on it. It had a terrible noise in the top end that to me seemed beyond normal. The birfields were also in very bad shape and the interior is pretty gross.

It sounded like this.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I went and looked at this on Friday. Its triple locked and the actuators are present. I still passed on it. It had a terrible noise in the top end that to me seemed beyond normal. The birfields were also in very bad shape and the interior is pretty gross.

It sounded like this.

Thanks for the recon! For what it’s worth @J1000 has a 3FE ready to go - he pulled it out of his 80 recently to go electric. If the seller can be talked down and a running motor picked up from Jimmy, somebody might be able to make a truck out of it yet. All about the right price, isn’t it?

ccslider

Hard Core 4+

It sounded like this.

Sounds like more of an exhaust leak or injectors firing

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Sounds like more of an exhaust leak or injectors firing
I had a similar thought about the exhaust leak but the injectors didn't cross my mind. With the rig in question the tick repetition increased when the throttle was applied, is that a character of bad injectors?

ccslider

Hard Core 4+
I had a similar thought about the exhaust leak but the injectors didn't cross my mind. With the rig in question the tick repetition increased when the throttle was applied, is that a character of bad injectors?
I would assume that the injector pulses are firing faster as the engine spins faster. If you look at it again bring a long screwdriver and put it up to the injector while it's running to listen.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the recon! For what it’s worth @J1000 has a 3FE ready to go - he pulled it out of his 80 recently to go electric. If the seller can be talked down and a running motor picked up from Jimmy, somebody might be able to make a truck out of it yet. All about the right price, isn’t it?
you can't put a 3fe in this one. only 91-92

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I can't believe I'm saying this but that 76 is a decent deal compared to some I've seen in this market.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Needs quite a bit of sorting out but not a bad deal.

Sounds like a decently sorted 60

I was just thinking about posting both of these. Good to see there are already here.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
This is high mileage for a 4Runner but otherwise this is a pretty desirable year and options right?

89CEB217-A7FA-4D38-AAAE-14EA9330508D.pngB83FA981-2D28-4341-B74D-2E1A9F540CA8.png

patrickhrco

Trail Ready
I’m out near Perris for a few days but am booked solid. i think Facebook saw my location when browsing on marketplace that why it popped up.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I’m out near Perris for a few days but am booked solid. i think Facebook saw my location when browsing on marketplace that why it popped up.
Dang it sold already.