• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

For Sale Todays Craigslist Highlights...Part 3

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Ruger off road trailer - $5,000 (Lakewood)

5ft box with 3 person tepui tent. Serious inquiries only all others will be ignored
Email any questions you have. $4500 without the tent.

rckhound

Rising Sun Member

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I went and looked at this one today. It had a terrible top end noise, is ticking common on these? The Birfields were also in bad shape and the interior was pretty gross. Someone will probably pay $4800, but not me.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I went and looked at this one today. It had a terrible top end noise, is ticking common on these? The Birfields were also in bad shape and the interior was pretty gross. Someone will probably pay $4800, but not me.

I will have to listen to mine more closely but I have never noticed top end ticking. My 2F ticks like a singer sewing machine.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I will have to listen to mine more closely but I have never noticed top end ticking. My 2F ticks like a singer sewing machine.
It sounded like this.

UnknownCompany

Brand New

I also went to look at this. Check engine light is on. Owner says its a knock sensor, Birfs are rough. Id say it needs a new brake booster along with addressing the PS leak. Front drivers side window is in operable , so is passenger rear. When I asked about the lockers he said he had just used them. But the center diff lock doesn't indicate. Probably just a new cdl indicator switch. But I'm guessing the lockers need work too. Id say this diamond will need a lot of polishing. He also brought up the "top end tic" had me start up mine to compare. Id guess it at least needs a valve adjustment. IDK I didn't dig too deep. Owner told me he turned down $4300. There was another Person pulling up in a 95 to take a look. Just as I was leaving. I was going to offer $3500. Even with the prices these trucks are getting lately. This one is going to take some time and money to get up to snuff. Owner also let me know he has a 1FZ block for sale.

coloradobound

Hard Core 4+

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I also went to look at this. Check engine light is on. Owner says its a knock sensor, Birfs are rough. Id say it needs a new brake booster along with addressing the PS leak. Front drivers side window is in operable , so is passenger rear. When I asked about the lockers he said he had just used them. But the center diff lock doesn't indicate. Probably just a new cdl indicator switch. But I'm guessing the lockers need work too. Id say this diamond will need a lot of polishing. He also brought up the "top end tic" had me start up mine to compare. Id guess it at least needs a valve adjustment. IDK I didn't dig too deep. Owner told me he turned down $4300. There was another Person pulling up in a 95 to take a look. Just as I was leaving. I was going to offer $3500. Even with the prices these trucks are getting lately. This one is going to take some time and money to get up to snuff. Owner also let me know he has a 1FZ block for sale.
Ha you did better than me, I offered $1500. Its very rough.

UnknownCompany

Brand New
Ha you did better than me, I offered $1500. Its very rough.
I figure the axles housings and some other parts are worth at least 3,000. I feel like the guy is pretty knowledgeable about cars maybe not cruisers. A little effort would bring him a decent price. Unless he knows how bad it all is and just doesn't want to open that can of worms.

subzali

Hard Core 4+

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
When I asked about the lockers he said he had just used them. But the center diff lock doesn't indicate. Probably just a new cdl indicator switch. But I'm guessing the lockers need work too.
I'd crawl under and make sure it actually has lockers. Unscrupulous sellers will just put the dash switch in and dupe unsuspecting buyers. They do that in Tacomas anyway. Although that one doesn't look brand new and appears consistent with the description of "nasty" for the interior.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I'd crawl under and make sure it actually has lockers. Unscrupulous sellers will just put the dash switch in and dupe unsuspecting buyers. They do that in Tacomas anyway. Although that one doesn't look brand new and appears consistent with the description of "nasty" for the interior.
This was my first thought, I crawled under and the actuators were present. I cant say if they work or not because I was turned off as soon as I heard the top end noise.

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Floor mats for an 80? 100? series. Look to be in decent shape and the price is right. Too bad they aren't for RHD...

UnknownCompany

Brand New
Door tags have locker codes. Lockers are present on the axles But with out the CDL position switch there was no easy way to tell if they were working. I gave him the oem part number along with the napa part number for the replacement part. He just let me know the cdl is engaging now.
I'm not really looking for another project this big. But maybe if the price is right.

subzali

Hard Core 4+

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Those don't look right for an 80.
Yeah, I couldn't quite remember what mine looked like, so I wasn't sure. Certainly didn't look like 40 or 60 series mats...

EDIT: I emailed him for verification.

EDIT EDIT: He said they decided to keep the mats...

Last edited: