Tired of bouncing? Automatic wheel balancers

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I have a set of four 6 on 5.5 Centramatic wheel balancers. I got tired of turning the wheels inside the tires, and bouncing all the way home from a trail run. These work.

Why don't I still need them? Beadlocks solved the root cause.

$99 $75 (see post below) OBO (they are $199 new, plus shipping). Never balance your wheels again. Make SWAMPERS run smooth (as long as they are close to round)! One pair was dished (by me) to clear my rear disk calipers, that may solve any issues you have as well.

http://www.centramatic.com/ShowItem.aspx?id=12526

PhotoDisplay.ashx

Roger Brown's article that turned me on to them:
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/WheelBalance/index.shtml

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I have a set of four 6 on 5.5 Centramatic wheel balancers. I got tired of turning the wheels inside the tires, and bouncing all the way home from a trail run. These work.

Why don't I still need them? Beadlocks solved the root cause.

$99 OBO (they are $199 new, plus shipping). Never balance your wheels again. Make SWAMPERS run smooth (as long as they are close to round)! One pair was dished (by me) to clear my rear disk calipers, that may solve any issues you have as well.

http://www.centramatic.com/ShowItem.aspx?id=12526

PhotoDisplay.ashx

Roger Brown's article that turned me on to them:
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/WheelBalance/index.shtml

Those work pretty good! My 40's run smooth because of a container of
1125080952a.jpg
in each wheel. Same concept!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Well, OK, price reduced to $75 then, since I am competing with $50 worth of airsoft ammo, plus the cost of popping the tire off the wheel (versus bolting on the Centramatics). :lmao:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Well, OK, price reduced to $75 then, since I am competing with $50 worth of airsoft ammo, plus the cost of popping the tire off the wheel (versus bolting on the Centramatics). :lmao:

You should bump the price up :) - Probably cost at least $40 on top of the $50 to pop off the tires, add the ammo, put the tires back on and balance them :hill:

Last edited:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
You bumped the price up :) - Probably cost at least $40 on top of the $50 to pop off the tires, add the ammo, put the tires back on and balance them :hill:
???
So the Airsoft solution is $90, right? And I dropped my price to $75 to compete... :confused:
BTW, you would not have to balance them so the Airsoft solution ought to be closer to the $75 used Centramatics, but a bit more trouble.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Beadlocks nix that secondary cost! ;)
Yeah, I am after the guy who rotates the wheel inside the tire like I used to... before beadlocks.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'm a bit confused, do they work on stock hubs or not? Roger mentioned something about not fitting over front calipers and you mention the rear. So if someone was to bolt them on a basically unmodified IFS truck that does not have any sort of wheel spacers, would they fit or not?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
They fit.
My rears are front SA calipers on front SA hubs, so I had the same problem Roger did on his SA front (without spacers).
Your front end is a whole different deal.
Try 'em, if you don't want 'em, money back.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Plus, if you have a blowout, 200 club members won't get killed by supersonic plastic shot.

(I am kidding of course...)

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Is there something about my trying to sell the Centramatics at less than 40% what they cost me (OBO, in case that was missed) that rubs you the wrong way, UB?

Nope, not at all. I guess my posts could be taken that way when in fact I was pointing out that centrifuge inertia balancing works very well.....my bad. Should stick to working and not trying to interject on the fly! I'll delete my musings......

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
They fit.
My rears are front SA calipers on front SA hubs, so I had the same problem Roger did on his SA front (without spacers).
Your front end is a whole different deal.
Try 'em, if you don't want 'em, money back.
They are really interesting to me, for the thrown wheel weight aspect if nothing else. But haven't the greenbacks even with the great discount. :-(

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
We do credit. :lmao:
no application required. :rolleyes:
They may as well do someone good rather than collect dust in my garage...

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
We do credit. :lmao:
no application required. :rolleyes:
They may as well do someone good rather than collect dust in my garage...

I am surprised more folks don't use them for off road tires! When I was drag racing that was the best way to balance as weights were illegal on race cars due to flying lead and spectators. About 10 years back Equal was a hit for a short time until it became wide spread knowledge that if you air down a tire with Equal the valve core probably wouldn't seal again. On my first set of Beadlocks, I used golf balls....those really work the best of most things except low wheel speed on the rocks tends to be a bit on the noisy side. Dynamic inertia balancing is the only way to go on heavy tires when weights don't stay put! $75/4=less than $20 a wheel is an outstanding deal!

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Bill if dave passes I will take them from you. LMK. Tired of my tires loosing chunks and having to re-balance.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Seems like a pretty neat idea..

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
I was going to go with the air soft pellets but this is easier and when I go up in tire size I will use the pellets if I don't have my bead locks figured out by then:rolleyes:. That is if Dave passes on them.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I was going to go with the air soft pellets but this is easier and when I go up in tire size I will use the pellets if I don't have my bead locks figured out by then:rolleyes:. That is if Dave passes on them.
If you have the need go for them Tom. I don't have the money at the moment and cash over credit talks.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
???
So the Airsoft solution is $90, right? And I dropped my price to $75 to compete... :confused:

Fixed my post...lack of proofreading :doh:

Sometimes I'm not as much help as I think I am :lmao:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+