tire pressure?

acon40

Banned
What tire pressure should I keep my bfg all terrians at? one seems to have a slow leak....fill it up and two weeks later it goes very low. Thoughts on a fix?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
What tire pressure should I keep my bfg all terrians at? one seems to have a slow leak....fill it up and two weeks later it goes very low. Thoughts on a fix?

Get it patched....DO NOT LET THE TIRE STORE PLUG IT REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY TELL YOU! Ask them when you talk to the service writer if they plug or patch and if they give some BS about using radial plugs which are better than patches WALK AWAY! The Big O on 95th and SBR has been great everytime I've needed them. I take nearly all my tire business to TCI in Boulder. Nate (owner) has become a good friend and has always supported me in my hobbies. TCI (Tire Centers Inc.) is also a BFG dealer. Avoid places like Discount Tire as they are kinda like getting your car painted at Maaco, it may be cheaper but it could also be the kids first job! Rule of thumb on tire pressure is inflate it to a point it wears most even. You have to look at your tires often. Inflating to the pressure molded into the sidewall is often over-inflation! The pressure that is on the sidewall is for rating purposes and is followed by the weight capacity at that pressure for that tire. Even Cruisers don't weigh that much! My 35" Truxus seem to wear the best at around 33psi. I fill them to 38# if I'm loaded and traveling long distance (Moab, SD, etc....) With the streets slick like they are right now 30 works great!

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I'm at 33 psi. Get out the soap and water and find the leak.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Then what, take it to the tire store? :rolleyes:

Hey, you'll know if it's valve stem, rim seal, or a puncture. I like to at least know what's wrong before I blindly give it someone I don't trust. :blah:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
yup. use some soap and water, or maybe some windex. i have used it before because it is already in the handy spray bottle.

may just be the valve stem core. those are easy to replace.

i run my bfg at's at 35 now. I started much higher than that but they were not wearing right. may end up going lower than 35.... it still seems a bit high.