Thinking about starting a TLCA chapter in Durango

Just was looking for any advice on starting a TLCA chapter in my town. I have been kicking the idea around for a while now, and am trying to get some first hand advice. There are tons of toyota enthusiasts in my neck of the woods, and only one J**P club. I know of enough people here that would probably be interested to get a good turnout. Any info or recommendations would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks

Eli

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Just was looking for any advice on starting a TLCA chapter in my town. I have been kicking the idea around for a while now, and am trying to get some first hand advice. There are tons of toyota enthusiasts in my neck of the woods, and only one J**P club. I know of enough people here that would probably be interested to get a good turnout. Any info or recommendations would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks

Eli

That would be awesome! I'm sure Mr. Zepp will be in touch soon! ;)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I think that sounds really sweet. Knowing absolutely nothing about the process, my advice would be to first try to organize a group separate from TLCA.. do a meet & greet, a meeting or two, set a schedule, maybe elect positions? see how it goes, and who your "regulars" are. Then learn more about what it takes to become a TLCA chapter and go from there.

But already having some sort of organization would make the transition from "Durango dudes Toyota Club" to "bona fide TLCA chapter" an easier one, plus you could base your efforts with TLCA on what kind of interest/enthusiasm you get from the local guys with the informal deal.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
That's my advice too -- start your club and have fun. You can become a TLCA chapter immediately or wait a while. It doesn't cost anything to become a chapter, except for some time to fill out paperwork.

There is this: How to start a TLCA chapter, which might provide some good info. It's a little too serious for me -- I can't imagine running the meetings with a gavel, for example!

You might also talk to the HorseTooth guys -- they just became a TLCA chapter last year. T.J. is also a member of Rising Sun, and I'm sure he could shed some light on the process.