The Saga Continues.....

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Homeward bound out of Wendover, the tow vehicle breaks an engine idler pully about 10 miles west of Rawlins. I'm getting a AAA tow to the Ford dealership in Laramie. Hopefully they can fix it first thing tomorrow. Guess I'm spending the night in Wyoming. :(

60wag

Rising Sun Member
And you thought you'd used up all your bad luck. Hopefully its just a minor delay but Ige said you can leave the Ford in Laramie and just drive the 40 home :)

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
And then what?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Man. :(
Eight-ball award.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
you know, we should have one left over from cm2008... should be in the trailer... hint hint

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Hope your on the road soon. At least your only 2 hours from home and you can take 278 out of laramie to Fort Collins. Took that route yesterday AM. Take our cell numbers and if something happens on the road, call us and we will send a retrieval team to get you home :D

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Ken.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Just made it home from Laramie. :D

mtncrsr

Lifted
Wow Chris! What a tough way to finish the trip.

We were cruising down I-80 and saw a tow truck with a red truck and a and orange 40 on it. I groaned when I saw that it was yours. So sorry that you broke down again, but I am glad that you finally made it home safely.:)

We pulled into Wendover at 2:00 am Monday morning and made it home just before 11:00 pm Monday night. No problems just tired of driving.:cool:

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
What an adventure getting home was..... Nreed to write it all down while the memories are painfully fresh :hill:

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Wow Chris! What a tough way to finish the trip.

We were cruising down I-80 and saw a tow truck with a red truck and a and orange 40 on it. I groaned when I saw that it was yours. So sorry that you broke down again, but I am glad that you finally made it home safely.:)

We pulled into Wendover at 2:00 am Monday morning and made it home just before 11:00 pm Monday night. No problems just tired of driving.:cool:

Yeah, I saw you, Loren. Had to laugh. It was pretty cool that you guys were all behind us. Neil managed to get most of his stuff hauled home by Greg and himself by Mike, after the truck broke down. Glad we all made it through in one piece. :D :clap:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
So who else thinks Chris should change his name to "Knuckles"

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
So who else thinks Chris should change his name to "Knuckles"

:thumb:

He has been looking for a new call sign...Let's see :rolleyes:

K0NUC
or
K0NUK

On a serious note, glad you made it home Chris :beer:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I don't know, that's awfully similar to "Canuck"

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Sorry to hear it, Chris. Glad you're home now.

We arrived at Jeff's house about 9:30 p.m. Monday night. I was home by 10. The route on Hwy 50 was breath-taking, and there was hardly any traffic. I highly recommend it. The shirtless horseshoes in Fallon, NV were a highlight as well -- if you're looking for the horseshoe pits, they're in a park next to the baseball field on Maine Street a few blocks north of Hwy 50: satellite view.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
The shirtless horseshoes in Fallon, NV were a highlight as well -- if you're looking for the horseshoe pits, they're in a park next to the baseball field on Maine Street a few blocks north of Hwy 50: satellite view.

I found a more recent satellite view :hill:

You can even spot Bella, the homeless guy with his shopping cart, and the green and black 80s parked :thumb:

Attachments

• Fallon NV Park.JPG
    Fallon NV Park.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 197

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Nice!
:lmao:

Now you'll just have to make the grass on the field look better.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
That's funny, Jeff.. I think the bellies were a little bigger though.

Chris, glad you made it home!