• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

The Broncos have two first round quarterbacks

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
The system Zach Wilson was in didn't help him any. Still he flamed out. Can't deny the talent though that made him the 2nd pick a few years ago.

Bo Nix seems like the Sean Payton style quarterback for his designed offence

Bo is the most likely to succeed in my opinion, BUT if there are problems or injuries maybe Zach can be redeemed and build up his confidence

This coming season will be interesting and could go either way

We lost a couple of games because Russ quickly ran away from his protection trying to make something happen and got sacked multiple times

Ending above 500 next year would be a positive move

There is a lot of upside with these two young 24 year old quarterbacks, but a lot of risk to fizzle out as well.

I wonder if they start Zach as a Veteran and let Bo learn. I don't see Stidham starting over these two, but I could be wrong

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Penix going to Atlanta that early changed the board dramatically

I am in the minority but won’t be surprised if Penix winds up being the second best qb in that draft notwithstanding his injury history…
I was really hoping he was there at 12…

At least we didn’t massively overreach there, but I think we thought we might be able to trade back and get penix or nix a bit later, it just didn’t work out that way

Imo the only major blunder I was hoping we didn’t make was to trade up and over reach for McCarthy…

So again I think we reached for nix a bit but all in all it’s ok we had to do something at qb after sitting out the whole free agency qb carousel until we gave virtually nothing for Zach W who I think is washed

I would be shocked if he beats out Nix for the starting position next year…
Just hope nix has a chance to grow as much into this offense as we need

Would have been better to trade back a bit get a second this year, roll with our other crap we have in the qb room and wait it out for a qb next year or the year after when arch manning ones out…

But with all the pressure to do something to get better quicker I can see this nix pick
Don’t love it but don’t hate it too much

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yeah we were hoping for JJ, but still ok drafting Bo Nix, he kinda embarrassed CU last year right? did my best to influence the draft...

IMG_2732.jpeg

what do you think of the new throwback uniforms? :lol:

IMG_2736.jpg