Thanks!

Hey I got a check in the mail last week for $10 for being the tailgunner on a run at CM 06. It wasn't necessary. I had a blast helping out and would do it again in a heartbeat. At first I wasn't sure what to do with it. Then it was suggested that I might donate it to a land use organization. That is what I'm going to do.

CM is a premier event. I'm always amazed at how smooth things run and how prepared everything is. I also recognize the amount of volunteer hours that it takes to put this all together. You all deserve a big pat on the back. Anyway, I just wanted to say THANKS! and to let you know I'll be happy to do whatever jobs you have at the future CMs I attend.

Eric V.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Make it out to the Matt Farr Land Use and Trail Restoration Fund of Colorado. It's fine to abbreviate that to just "Matt Farr." :D

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
ginericfj80 said:
I'll be happy to do whatever jobs you have at the future CMs I attend.

Eric V.

wooohooo, the porta potty king has been identified:D

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Actually we need someone to be in charge of recycling.... collect & bag any cans & bottles that are emptied all week at the campground, then run them up the hill to the recyclatorium on Sunday morning. Shouldn't be more than 3-4 trips? :eek: :D :lmao:

seriously, thanks for all your support Eric! Hope to see you in May. :thumb:

Maybe 08? I usually make the even years with 05 being a quirk. I'm pretty certain I won't make it this year. I would love to, but a pending job search takes priority. And I'm sure with CM turning 10 it will be one of the best.

If I can make it I will. I've even thought of taking off Friday night in the VW and driving down for Sat. and then back on Sunday. It is a lot of miles but I always have fun.

Recycling? That isn't so bad. 3-4 trips would be nothing compared to the drive home. Besides I never sleep when I'm in Moab, I just run on adrenaline.

Port A Potty Duty isn't so bad. Remember I deal with 5-10 year old Booger Eating Children all day. Besides I've been to the campground they have nice facilities nobody is going to us Porta Potties. And I listened to all of the trail leaders give their trail side porta john speech that says that folks get to keep their own gift bag. So I don't know what your talking about.

PS If you've noticed I've been hanging out here lately it is because our work has every other LC site blocked. I can get into Cascade's, NW Cruisers, and Rising Sun. Thanks for having a quality unblocked site.

FJBen

ginericfj80 said:
And I listened to all of the trail leaders give their trail side porta john speech that says that folks get to keep their own gift bag.

bleh...:lmao: So RS has an officer that runs around with the scooper like the joggers with dogs? SWEET! :thumb:

It's good to be the king!

pissboy.jpg

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
PS If you've noticed I've been hanging out here lately it is because our work has every other LC site blocked. I can get into Cascade's, NW Cruisers, and Rising Sun. Thanks for having a quality unblocked site.

Ha, me too!! I can't see Mud, Pirate, Yotatech, Sleeoffroad.. but for some reason Rising Sun works, so does Irbis (link in banner above), and the guy who runs our molding shop's brother runs Phat Jeeps, and that one works for us for some reason http://www.phatjeeps.com/ I can see ebay but can't see any pictures.. ah the joys of being under a firewall.

FJBen

nakman said:
Ha, me too!! I can't see Mud, Pirate, Yotatech, Sleeoffroad.. but for some reason Rising Sun works, so does Irbis (link in banner above), and the guy who runs our molding shop's brother runs Phat Jeeps, and that one works for us for some reason http://www.phatjeeps.com/ I can see ebay but can't see any pictures.. ah the joys of being under a firewall.

Thats because you are under reign from the INTERNET NAZI"S!!!!!

YES WE HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL OVER WHICH SITES WE ALLOW YOU TO VIEW....WE HAVE THE POWER....WE CAN TAKE IT AWAY...MUAHHAHAHAHAHAH

actually,, you may have noticed I'm a network admin...in charge of email, servers, access and internet access :thumb: :D ruler of all things IT!!!

...ok actually in the grand scheme I'm a peeon...

Yep! And until recently I could get out using Mozilla. The smart filter our school uses is called Bess. I hate it because I also teach Health and you can't look up anything about it. Everything is banned due to categorized as SEX. Yep, Ligaments and Tendons are categorized as SEX according to our SMART Filter Bess the watchdog. If I get really desperate I hook up my personal laptop and snag an unsecure wireless signal from one of the neighbors. Ah, the life of a LC ADDICT!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I would think with a legitimate business reason like that, you could make a case with IT.

Or am I the only one around here who works for a sensible company? :D