Thanks for the HAM radio class!!

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Just wanted to say THANKS to everyone involved and that volunteered to put on the class. And of course to Stevinson for letting us use their facilities!

Special thanks to Nathaniel, Bruce and Barbara Miller, Brian, Dave, and Wes :thumb:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Agreed. Wouldn't have had incentive to buy the book, study, and go for the test if it hadn't been for this class. Thanks a ton everybody!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for gettin' me off the dime!

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I really appreciate the time everyone took to put this on as well as participate. I have wanted to do this for years. I am now a little concerned that I will have an additional expensive, but intellectually stimulating hobby.

Now, along with Red Chilli, I have to past the test, get the radio, install the thing and start using it...

As always, I remain a nihilistic technofetishist:rolleyes:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Well done, Nathaniel, thank you again for all your efforts here. I heard last night on 145 that there were 25-30 people in attendence? Wow, at this rate CB's are quickly going to become the minority on the trail.

Anyway, I'm sure WODW Sr. is very proud of you. :bowdown:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Well done, Nathaniel, thank you again for all your efforts here. I heard last night on 145 that there were 25-30 people in attendence? Wow, at this rate CB's are quickly going to become the minority on the trail.

Anyway, I'm sure WODW Sr. is very proud of you. :bowdown:

Silly boy! CB's will ALWAYS be majority of every trail! Informal communication will still be the norm! Now talking to base camp or even from front to back on a spread out group is a different story!

Good show old chap. now we need to study some more to pass the test.

Thanks to everyone from Rising Sun...

...the class was very informative and enjoyable. Many MANY thanks to everyone who worked to put this on, and to Stevenson who allowed us the use of there facility.

Cheers.

Class helped a lot and I passed! THANKS!!!

Took the tests last Wednesday. Got a call sign today. Will use it for the first time at Desert Safari, Ocotillo Wells, with Tierra Del Sol.

JohnInDenver - sometimes
KD0DCU

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Class helped a lot and I passed! THANKS!!!

Took the tests last Wednesday. Got a call sign today. Will use it for the first time at Desert Safari, Ocotillo Wells, with Tierra Del Sol.

JohnInDenver - sometimes
KD0DCU

WOW! 1 week? That's gotta be a record! :eek: Congradulations BTW!

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Passed the General

Thanks to Nathaniel, Dave and Brian for running the class. Having all of you working hard towards getting prepared for the exam made it much easier for me to dig in and prepare for the General Exam. I took it this morning and passed. :D

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Congratulations Ricardo! So, are you going to buy a new rig?;)

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Congratulations Ricardo! So, are you going to buy a new rig?;)

Thanks. Likely so at some point, though I'm not sure yet. I like knowing that I have the additional privileges, but am pretty confident that a good 2 meter rig will meet my needs quite nicely for a while.