Talk me out of a Heep...

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Don't worry. I don't think it'll go anywhere for $1600. It's not worth 1k IMHO... $650 I could see.

I should bid $500. :)

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Don't worry. I don't think it'll go anywhere for $1600. It's not worth 1k IMHO... $650 I could see.

sold for $1600 via Buy It Now. Tidy $1000 profit for a flipper.

:(

wesintl

RS Moderator
as usual I was wrong :(

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Link??? not that I didn't know it was going to ebay...

here is a quote from the guy who sold the 45...

guy came up i followed him to his barn where he has about 12 land
cruisers all very nice shape nice young man

can we confirm it was on ebay? could this be Razor?

who has a barn full of 12 land cruisers?!?! I am almost as annoyed by the "hoarders" as I am the flippers. :) I would love to be wrenching on just 1 of those 12 cruisers!

:rolleyes:

T

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Wrangler issue

The first Wrangler I really saw was owned by a hunting buddy. It was an '88 model. Rode well, compared to an FJ40 with sagged out suspension, but it had no articulation and the carb didn't work well (only failed while elk hunting in the middle of nowhere).

What really struck me is that we jacked it up to install tire chains and the wing nut holding the jack down under the hood was *plastic*. It had never been removed, but stripped out as we removed it to get to the jack. A plastic wing nut to retain the jack? 'Nuff said. I wish I could have loved this Wrangler more, but as a 4x newbie, I was repulsed. Thankfully.

Steve

FJBen

here is a quote from the guy who sold the 45...

guy came up i followed him to his barn where he has about 12 land
cruisers all very nice shape nice young man

can we confirm it was on ebay? could this be Razor?

who has a barn full of 12 land cruisers?!?! I am almost as annoyed by the "hoarders" as I am the flippers. :) I would love to be wrenching on just 1 of those 12 cruisers!

:rolleyes:

T

interesting....very interesting...would love to see the link and seller...

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! I am just not meant to have an FJ40....sigh...

so the guy who sold the 45 on craigslist emailed me and asked if I was interested in his 76 fj40 for $1400. I said yes, when can I come pick it up. He did not reply for a day, then put it on Craigslist for $1600. How much you want to bet the "guy with 12 land cruisers in the barn" buys it and it is on eBay tomorrow. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://denver.craigslist.org/car/258766084.html

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! I am just not meant to have an FJ40....sigh...

so the guy who sold the 45 on craigslist emailed me and asked if I was interested in his 76 fj40 for $1400. I said yes, when can I come pick it up. He did not reply for a day, then put it on Craigslist for $1600. How much you want to bet the "guy with 12 land cruisers in the barn" buys it and it is on eBay tomorrow. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://denver.craigslist.org/car/258766084.html

now he emails me and says he is 78 and wants to kick my ass. sigh. Not sure why. I offered him more than he asked, and said I could pick it up at the end od the month. He is selling it for $5k to the "nice young fella" who bought his 45. Watch for it on eBay soon.

I offically give up on a 40 or a heep or whatever. Not worth the drama. I will put my cash into mods on my 80. Sigh.....

:rant:

By the way, hope to make a meeting soon, my hockey league is changing nights so Wednesday will be free more often. See you there. I will be the one WITHOUT a 40.