Found Tacoma Take Off Springs

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Looking for TRD OR or Sport 4 leaf pack springs from a 2nd or 3rd gen.

Something looking like this:

1658869031346.png

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I've got a pair for you from a 2012 Tacoma TRD Off Road. Hit me up.

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I just peeked under the truck and I have a 3 leaf pack. Now wondering what models came with 4 leaf packs? I'm about to swap mine out for a set of used OME 2.5" lift springs I picked up yesterday.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I just peeked under the truck and I have a 3 leaf pack. Now wondering what models came with 4 leaf packs? I'm about to swap mine out for a set of used OME 2.5" lift springs I picked up yesterday.
Yeah, I was just curious what you had.

We actually talked about it in another thread but tl;dr is that all 05+ Tacomas in the U.S. got a 2 main + 1 overload stock.

For a while Toyota offered to uprate your pack if you complained, which got you a 3 main + 1 overload set that Jack is looking for. Those are known as "TSB springs" colloquially. They're actually springs as I understand it you could get on a commercial spec truck in Canada or Mexico.

At this point if you have the standard springs it's easiest just to make your own pack with add-a-leafs or do replacement springs than try to get uprated factory springs. I think the TSB only covered 2005-2011, although 2012+ may just be under a different TSB.

The issue is that there was a subsequent recall for corrosion issues that could lead to a broken spring puncturing your gas tank. The recall springs have more clamps to hold the pack together. This is something you should do, obviously, and if you have 2+1 packs there's no reason not to get those replacement springs. I got a set of those put on right before I picked up my OME packs, just to have them. But I only had regular duty springs so there was no downside to doing that.

However if you already have TSB springs and go in for the recall there's a chance that you won't get 3+1 back. The recall does give the correct part number and direction to replace old 3+1 with new 3+1 with extra clamps but whether the dealer has them or bothers to order (or even still can, they may not be available for all I know) them isn't universal. So you might be better off keeping your old TSB springs and watching them for rust or putting your own extra clamps on.

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the offer! I'm holding out to find a TSB pair at the moment for a bit of extra stiffness. I currently have 2 main + overload; which I removed the overload from and added a cheap add a leaf. The two main/longer springs are where I need the extra stiffness (at the almost unloaded level).

I did build brackets and welded them in yesterday, so now I have vw bug shocks on it. Which has made a tremendous difference in handling and rebound control. I think its bought me time to look for a set of the 4 leaf Tacoma springs. If anyone has anything I'm happy to compensate in beer or bucks.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Would you want the extra leafs to have eye wraps? If you just want to increase the spring rate of a stock 2 main pack you can add full length flat leafs with no eyes pretty easy.

Like these for increasing Chevy springs: https://www.davezoffroadperformance.com/store/suspension/leaf-springs/front-1/add-a-leaf.html

Those would be too long I suspect but you could just trim the ends to fit. Chevy springs are I think about 31.5" (63" total) on each side of the center pin while 05+ Tacoma are about 27.5" on each side.

Or have Alcan make an exact pair of plain springs, 27.5/27.5 by the correct 2-3/8" wide in whatever thickness you want. Plus they could punch holes for the cool factory pucks (not sure you can get them stand alone though) or regular grease-able pads.

Also, these are aftermarket TSB similar springs: https://www.generalspringkc.com/200...ner-heavy-duty-rear-leaf-spring-4-3-1-leaves/

Last edited:

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Ok! Some good news. The shocks I installed nailed it. No longer need to change springs actually, it rides perfect both empty and hauling 1200 lbs of stick lumber which I did today