t/c question

I got my transfer case off and torn apart. Shown is the hi/low clutch sleeve which is pretty worn. Is this way beyond reuse? I would like to replace it but the damn things are expensive.
DSCF1268.jpg

Also shown is the high/low shift fork that is very worn on one side. The gap there measure about .120"
DSCF1270.jpg

The p.o. had a bungie on the hi/lo lever keeping it forward from poping out of gear. Is the wear on the fork what causes it to pop out of gear? Has the bungie accelerated this wear? Also anyone have any idler gear thrust shims? I need .065" worth

Nick F.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
you should replace it while you are in there. Part number 36235-60011 if I remember correctly and it wasn't that much.
My old one is on the left and the new one helped.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 201

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Yep, mine looked like that too. When I rebuilt the t-case I had to replace it as well as the high speed output gear. Cheap trick: You can turn it around to get rid of the slop where it engages with the gear, but it won't last as long as new. Aftermarket Seamaster are available (they are OE-supplier to Toyota) for less than Toyota. I got mine from Jim Sanborn, but he's out of the parts business. Rising Sun member Joe Calleja at CTS in Aspen Park deals in Seamaster and can probably set you up. (303) 838-4772.

Thanks guys,

I need a new high speed gear also. I was hoping to just throw a rebuild kit in it and be done, but it looks like I'm gonna need some extra parts. My toy fund is taking a beating:rant: but it makes no sense to do this all over again in a short amount of time.

Nick F.

Rzeppa said:
Like I wrote, check out Joe at CTS, he'll probably be able to source you the parts.

Will do, he's right down the road from me.

My high speed gear. The bushing is shot also, just rattles on the shaft
DSCF1274.jpg

Hey Jeff,

Good call on cts. I got my parts today. It cost me less for new parts at cts than it would have for used at SOR

Thanks

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
SOR is a great place but....you HAVE to shop locally if you want to own a Cruiser. If you are a member of Rising Sun/TLCA you get discounts from the dealer as well. Have you called Boulder Toyota for parts yet? Stevenson and Burt also offer discounts. You may be surprised with the prices.

treerootCO said:
SOR is a great place but....you HAVE to shop locally if you want to own a Cruiser. If you are a member of Rising Sun/TLCA you get discounts from the dealer as well. Have you called Boulder Toyota for parts yet? Stevenson and Burt also offer discounts. You may be surprised with the prices.

So I'm finding out. Are any of the dealers better than the others? I tried calling stevenson for idler gear thrust washers and it didn't go too good.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Uncle Ben will post up here shortly. He is good friends with the parts guys at Boulder Toyota. Wes knows the guys at Burt. I shop with CDan in AZ because he knows me and my rigs. I honestly don't know the guys at Stevenson. My one experience with buying parts from them wasn't good but I owe them another shot.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I usually buy from Burt and CDan. Oleg can get you OEM Toyota parts as well.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Nick F. said:
Hey Jeff,

Good call on cts. I got my parts today. It cost me less for new parts at cts than it would have for used at SOR

Thanks
You'e welcome. Joe's a Rising Sun member and TLCA member, and I'm always happy to hook up locals with locals who support each other. We're a tight-knit community and Joe will be first to point out if Marv (Spector) has something he doesn't.