• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

SUV crashes, closes Black Bear Pass near Telluride

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Wow!
Waaayyyy back in 2008, my company did some testing on the roll cages on wranglers by lifting it upside down and dropping it from a certain height and measuring deflection. They failed miserably. It was more like a beauty bar than a roll cage. It was at that point that I was turned off from Jeep. I'm sure that my 4runner would not have held up much better that that 4door though!
I'd assume the bars on Jeeps, 4Runners, FJ40s got put there mostly as a place to hold up the shoulder part of seat belts.

maxpowerzz

Trail Ready
I've been nervous about my factory fj40 roll bar for a long time, this doesn't help. Time to tighten the parking brake too. Hope she's alright, the gofundme says she may be recovering for two years.

Curunir

Rock Stacker
That is terrible. Thanks for sharing the info to help support the passenger. I'm sure the driver must be so upset about being away from the vehicle. As mentioned, super lucky that the recording jeep was a few seconds behind or it would have been taken off the edge too.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Here's update on Suzie.

Screenshot_20210222-071845_Outlook.jpg