SUV crashes, closes Black Bear Pass near Telluride

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Here a video of the latest crash on Black Bear, its amazing:

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I thought it was a red Jeep. I am 95% sure that I was driving next to the flat bed wrecker that was towing this back to Denver on the way home last night. It was DESTROYED. Here are a few photos that I was able to get. I couldn't get a photo from the other side before I turned onto 6 east from 70.

20201019_174119.jpg
20201019_174145(1).jpg

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I thought it was a red Jeep. I am 95% sure that I was driving next to the flat bed wrecker that was towing this back to Denver on the way home last night. It was DESTROYED. Here are a few photos that I was able to get. I couldn't get a photo from the other side before I turned onto 6 east from 70.

View attachment 89845View attachment 89846
It looks like it. That video is from another rig

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
That. Was. Terrifying.

:eek:

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Good god almighty that was horrendous.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
It's one of those rare situations it was a good thing the passenger was ejected. Absolutely not survivable had she stayed in the vehicle. It could have been much, much worse if the Jeep shooting the video was going just a slight bit faster. Wow that was intense!

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
All dogs have been found and are in good health. Unfortunately, the girl that was ejected from the Jeep turned out to be in worse shape than was originally reported.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
😲

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Wow!
Waaayyyy back in 2008, my company did some testing on the roll cages on wranglers by lifting it upside down and dropping it from a certain height and measuring deflection. They failed miserably. It was more like a beauty bar than a roll cage. It was at that point that I was turned off from Jeep. I'm sure that my 4runner would not have held up much better that that 4door though!