Sunday August 12th - Easy Run to Bill Moore Lake

BPMOU

Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm wishes. Dr says everything is ok, thought she might be low on fluid, but she is good. Her blood pressure is still pretty high even on meds, so we'll see what her regular dr says when she sees them on Thursday of next week. The good news is the wife told me to go ahead on the run Sunday as long as I'm early afternoon. God knows I'll be super busy in a couple weeks. So have anyone else signed up for this run? If I am the only person who is up for this one, I wouldn't want timmbuck2 to miss the moderate run. Let me know.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
no, I have a couple friends joining us for this run. glad everything is ok.

T

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
I'll be there. Took the running board steps off the LX 470 and am interested in seeing how it does on this run. My boys did this a couple of weeks ago in the Bronco and it looks like it will be fun.

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Thanks

:D A special thanks to Rising Sun and our ride leader Tim for a wonderful experience. We had a real good time and met some good people.

Here are the vehicles from today's run.
trail-vehicles.jpg

Here are the participants.
trail-runners.jpg

A unique perspective from the hillside overlooking the parking area and the lake.
trail-end.jpg

Though it looks like Tim was the only one picking up, everyone lent a hand.
picking-up.jpg

Here is my truck and Brandon in action, sorry Noha - the cameraman went on break too early.

Last edited:

Noah

A big thanks to everyone on the "easy" run today! Kelvin and I had a great time. Everyone was patient with my flailing on the big hill and another thanks to Tim for the guidance. Here are some of the pics I got:

Tim taking a picture of me taking a picture of Tim taking...
DSC_0157_small.jpg

Ricardo just after the first real switchback:
DSC_0159_small.jpg

Brandon following me up the same switchback:
DSC_0160_small.jpg

On the trail:
DSC_0169_small.jpg

The view from the lake:
DSC_0175_small.jpg

The mine on the way back:
DSC_0184_small.jpg

Again, a big thanks to everyone!