• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

String out lights: Starlink

rover67

Rising Sun Member
So that was the launch we saw the string from if I understand correctly?

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Marco, are you referring to the pics I posted from last Monday? It appears it was the “ SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying a payload of 22 Starlink internet satellites ”.
The article goes on to say that the falcon 9 deployed the 22 satellites after it reached orbit.

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
The first time I saw them was with Dom and Daniel in Wyoming looking for a camping spot. I thought it was aliens and I WAS NOT OKAY. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I remember the first time I saw the ISS. I thought for sure I was gonna die. 🤣🤣🤣

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Uhh, same trip we just concluded? Confused.

Yeah Steve, Monday evening I let Adam go play basketball at the local Guerrero Negro courts with Serena’s boy Isaac. About dark I started getting worried and went to go find them in the 80. After I found the courts, I let them finish their game, then on our way back to whale magic we noticed a bunch of people in the streets taking video of the sky. We had no idea what it was but I snapped a couple pictures and took a short video. That’s what I posted earlier.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Yeah Steve, Monday evening I let Adam go play basketball at the local Guerrero Negro courts with Serena’s boy Isaac. About dark I started getting worried and went to go find them in the 80. After I found the courts, I let them finish their game, then on our way back to whale magic we noticed a bunch of people in the streets taking video of the sky. We had no idea what it was but I snapped a couple pictures and took a short video. That’s what I posted earlier.
Very cool and I’m glad you got to see and record it!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Marco, are you referring to the pics I posted from last Monday? It appears it was the “ SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying a payload of 22 Starlink internet satellites ”.
The article goes on to say that the falcon 9 deployed the 22 satellites after it reached orbit.

Yeah, if I remember correctly somebody said you only see the train within a week of a launch or something. So I’m thinking it was?