• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Spring Turkey

Spring turkey opens on Saturday! I'm a new addict, started last year. If you have not hunted turkeys, try it this year, absolute blast. I'll be missing the first few days. Post pics of your Toms!

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I got my first spring tag ever. I might even take it seriously :D. In the past I've aways got a fall tag in case one got dumb while I was out elk scouting. But I've never really tried to hunt one.

Funny you say this...I had about 30 turkey's fly into my elk hunting zone last year. It was just starting to get dark and I was considering heading back to the truck, then the helicopter sounds started. They were breaking branches in the trees trying to land! It was pretty cool to watch.

So, Last night my wife says "You should go hunting tomorrow"; Gone! Had a lonely hen come in and that was the only turkey I saw today. However, 27 elk at different times from 50" to 150 yds. Tried very hard to imagine antlers.

Corbet you should go. If the woods hold elk/deer there are turkey. If you can find them. Spring turkey calling is like bugling elk. You will have ball and can hunt the same area you hunt elk. They like moving water and follow the melting snowline eating the tiny green shoots as the snow melts back.

IMG_20150417_142954150.jpg

Got one last Friday! Had Thanksgiving Dinner in April, last night. Will post a pic once I figure out how to get it off my phone...hopefully before next seas

Last edited:
IMG_20150428_102156223.jpg

Talked my elk hunting "brother" into his first Turkey hunt. We were officially scouting elk territory for this fall. Just happened to have Ghillie suits, a shotgun, and turkey calls with us. He is hooked. Uncle Ben, know this guy?

Last edited: