• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Spring Creek for WIMPs

Nay

Hard Core 4+
I'm planning on running Spring Creek with the COS guys on Saturday to help partially get over not being at CM.

Looks like 10 am in Downieville, but actually details still up in the air. :cheers:

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
Has anyone been up there this year? Colorado4x4 board is saying won't be passible till the 1st ofJune.

Nay

Hard Core 4+
That's a good question and I was wondering about snow levels higher up. You are right CO4x4 is saying not even close yet, and Spring Creek is North facing.

I've been on Spring Creek in the snow and damn it sucks :eek:

Need to find an alternative!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Times are tough now for front range runs. Saxton Mtn\Cascade Creek on the back side of Spring Creek could be good. I heard of some people up there last weekend. Winches and snatch blocks are needed when you get into trouble though. I'm vacationing in Florida now and for the next 5 days so I'm out.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Normally Spring Creek isn't passible until around Father's Day, which is where I got the idea for the timing of our annual run. Stay tuned for details of this year's run, posted here soon.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
You could try across the highway at Bill Moore/Red Elephant, etc. At least parts of those trails bake in the sun, so they may be doable.. either way, post up what you find out!

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Well, all four of my kids tested positive for strep throat yesterday and I feel like sh$t, so I'm mostly seeing red right now :eek:

I guess I should be planning to run Spring Creek on Father's Day instead of Mother's Day weekend anyway :Princess: