Spooky night run

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yup, t'was lots of snow up there. The "run" ended up being the road up to the cookout area, in the big saddle before the first switchback. Followed by an extended cookout, a few tried to go up higher after dinner while the rest stayed by the fire to watch.; Had a fox watch us air up, the cookout was impressive.. lots of meat, salads, fruit, nachos, every kind of cookie.. quite the spread. :cheers:

pics: Treated to a surprise visit by Tim "toolman" Taylor & wife Jill, Jaderunner gets stuck before we aired down, cute little foxy.

Attachments

• rudy.jpg
    rudy.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 408
  • jones1.jpg
    jones1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 417
  • fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 673

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
To clarify. I was only stuck briefly. I aired down and managed to get out backwards. That was a fun run Tim, I has a blast. Thanks for all the work putting this together and providing food and all.

John in his 80, with his 3 women passengers sure were up for a challenge. They broke trail a good ways up. He’s a good driver. Steve Crase and I followed, and then turned around at the first opportunity on the shelf road while we had a chance. We probably could have kept going but we didn't know the road well enough. He was chained up front and rear, Steve was chained in the rear and as usual I was able to get away with just using momentum and maintaining my rpms. And John I have your tire gauge. I will bring to the meeting.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
So Oleg doesn't have to hold the standard reservation for you at his shop?

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Romer said:
So Oleg doesn't have to hold the standard reservation for you at his shop?

Pretty much. Oleg is working a new gas tank skid and re-tubed lower control arms for me. I need them bad.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
That's it, that's all the pics you gonna post:rolleyes: Man, thought you would have learned by now:hill: . Looks like all had a fun time. Good to see that Romer's no the only one that gets stuck on the side of a paved road:hill: :eek: .

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
You can't expect many pics on a night run.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I think I was the first official stuck of the evening. I didn't need a pull, but I had to roll back down the first hill and chain up... :eek:

Very fun snow run and great food! :thumb:

I think Eric was shooting pics with a tripod, so hopefully he'll post up. All of mine were just blurs.

Hants

Rising Sun Member
I had a great time... all the snow, cold weather, back country brought back many fond memories of my Mountain Rescue days. :)

The Cruiser did much better than I expected in the deep stuff (it was amazing to see what aired-down AT's, lockers, and a bunch of skinny-peddle could do!)

Caroline finally relaxed and started enjoying herself after the kidlettes passed out... NOTE TO SELF: Don't bring young'ns to night snow runs -- no fun for them ==> no fun for the parents!

It was great to see the group make sure that John & his harem got turned around and back safely. ;)

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Hulk said:
Is that Steven Rudy?

John who?

Yup Steve Rudy. I don't recall meeting John before. I don't know his screen name either. He drives and 80.

Nemo

Trail Ready
Who is that John Guy....:D

It is me thats who. I had a blast up there with you guys. Glad to see Steve and Scott stick around so I could scare the crap out of the ladies. They all had a blast and was asking when the next trip is :p:

I have met a few of you guys at the Chinamans FJ trip in the spring. I got a chance to come to one of the RS meetings but hadn't wheeled with you guys yet so I couldn't become a member. One of these days I will make that meeting again and get my STICKER :hill:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
JadeRunner said:
To clarify. I was only stuck briefly. ...
That's right, he swore us all to an oath of secrecy about the 5 trucks it took to pull him ou...

oh.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Hants in the 80 with the wife and kids, Martin in the 40 and Nemo (john) in the 80 and truck load of women. It's becoming more clear now.

Nemo

Trail Ready
Not sure if anyone has ever done this before, but hey maybe it was done to me and I don't know it. The rear brakes are large enough that if you put a few rocks in through the outside of the wheels you will get a horrible sound at slower speeds. Sounds like something is terribly wrong. I noticed this only once I got into Denver and driving about 15mph. I could hear this noise coming in from the back wheel. I pulled over and sure enough I collected 3 half golfballed sized rocks back there probably from the snow. I thought it was funny. :blah: :blah:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
You just convinced me to actually BUY those little rubber plugs to put in the brake backing plates on the axle I'm building for the Taco...

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Red_Chili said:
You just convinced me to actually BUY those little rubber plugs to put in the brake backing plates on the axle I'm building for the Taco...

Don't need no stinking little rubber plugs with disks on all 4! :p: :lmao: :hill: