• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Some recent issues with the forum

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
PM's not sending properly and an error I get when clicking on the general chit chat section

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 360

Uncle Nakdude

Rising Sun Soothsayer
This is hopeless

I am not experiencing any problems. However, I connect with the forum using telekinesis.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I had to clear out my cache and reload Chrome to see the "New Posts" yesterday and today. Seemed odd it got stuck on the login and wouldn't show new posts on threads I knew had been updated.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Welcome To Live Chat
3:14:01 PM System Jeffrey H has joined the chat!

3:15:38 PM Jeffrey H Hello Matt, thank you for contacting Live Support. My name is Jeff. I would be glad to assist you with this today!

3:15:49 PM Matt Farr We're having problems with our vBulletin forum at risingsun4x4club.org/forum2

3:16:12 PM Matt Farr This is a new issue, and we did not change any settings or make any modifications.

3:19:24 PM Jeffrey H Can you provide a bit more information regarding the issue you are experiencing today?

3:21:18 PM Matt Farr Private Messages not sending properly. Also, users getting errror message that reads: "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched."

3:22:19 PM Jeffrey H I will gladly get to the password first.
3:22:23 PM Jeffrey H Rather, next.
3:22:32 PM Jeffrey H Lets see why these messages are not sending correctly currently.
3:22:40 PM Jeffrey H How are you trying to send messages?

3:23:06 PM Matt Farr risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/private.php
3:23:43 PM Matt Farr To be clear, several users have reported this problem. Three people in 24 hours.
3:23:56 PM Matt Farr However, I haven't seen it myself.

3:24:53 PM Jeffrey H Does your site have a timeout on logins or idle browser sessions?

3:26:07 PM Matt Farr Not that I have ever seen.

3:27:23 PM Jeffrey H Although I am not able to assist with third party software or such customizations or coding, I was able to locate the following forum which may contain additional advise on how you may extend the time limit: vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-legacy-versions-products/legacy-vbulletin-versions/vbulletin-3-6-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/266477-change-session-timeout

3:27:26 PM Jeffrey H Does this help?

3:28:26 PM Matt Farr Can you take a look to see if there is a problem on your end that might be causing this?

3:28:56 PM Matt Farr As I mentioned, we haven't changes ANY configurations on the forum, and it's been running on hostgator for more than 10 years.
3:29:10 PM Matt Farr Could it be a database connection issue?
3:29:23 PM Matt Farr Do you have logs that you can look at for the last couple of days?

3:30:45 PM Jeffrey H In the event of a database connection issue, the site itself would not be able to display properly.
3:30:58 PM Jeffrey H This is an issue with the configuration of vBulletin.
3:31:22 PM Jeffrey H If you require any further assistance, I would advise contacting a third party developer. For now, is there any thing else I can assist you with today?

3:32:26 PM Matt Farr Jeffrey, I am not satisfied that you have investigated this thoroughly.
3:33:14 PM Matt Farr Have there been any changes on the HG side that we should be aware of?
3:33:36 PM Matt Farr Did server software get upgraded or modified in the last week?
3:34:34 PM Matt Farr I waited on hold for 30 minutes to chat with you -- I'd like you to investigate this. I am highly dubious this is an issue with vBulletin.

3:37:58 PM Jeffrey H Do you have a test login I can use to test this?

3:38:25 PM Matt Farr For the server or for vBulletin?

3:38:33 PM Jeffrey H I will gladly provide all the insights necessary for you to make an informed decision as to how you should proceed with this. However, again it appears this is a setting within vBulletin.
3:38:44 PM Jeffrey H For vBulletin. I would have to replicate the error to proceed.

3:39:12 PM Matt Farr What information are you seeing that makes you suspect that vBulletin is the culprit?

3:41:14 PM Jeffrey H There is a login, and when people are idle on web applications for long enough. Their session gets reset, which is likely why your customers are seeing this and you are not.
3:41:24 PM Jeffrey H Most likely, you are active the entire time you are in the forum.
3:41:58 PM Jeffrey H Anyone else on the forum, may have left for a cup of coffee or something to pull them away from the desk and that would cause an auto logout to occur. This is a common security feature built into most login based systems.

3:43:07 PM Matt Farr Why would this suddenly be occurring now, when it has not been an issue for the last decade? We did not upgrade the software.

3:43:50 PM Matt Farr vBulletin user name: XXXXX password: XXXXX

3:44:43 PM Jeffrey H Sir everything in here is functioning perfectly.
3:44:52 PM Jeffrey H Your users who are reporting this went idle and were auto logged out.
3:45:18 PM Jeffrey H Again, in the article above it is indicated there is a way to update this timing.
3:45:19 PM Jeffrey H Is there any thing else I can assist you with today?

3:46:19 PM Matt Farr Did server software get upgraded or modified in the last week?

3:51:30 PM Jeffrey H No sir, this did not occur. I have confirmed this.

3:51:37 PM Jeffrey H Thank you for using Live Support. If you could take a minute to let us know if your questions were answered and/or your support request was resolved, it would help us to improve our customer service. To do that, just click the button that says "Rate and Exit" in the upper right hand corner. The survey takes less than a minute to fill out.

This chat session has ended.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
So, I will need more details to investigate further. If you are a person who has had issues, I would like to know:

1. What were you doing when you experienced the problem?

2. Are you using a computer or a phone?
If a computer, what OS are you running, and which browser are you running?
If a phone, what kind? Using the tapatalk app or a browser?

3. Did you try closing your browser or app, and opening it fresh?

Thanks,
Matt

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
What ive noticed lately is that if I google the site it brings up the link, and when I click on the sublink to bring me directly to the forum it brings up a spam page. This occurs on IE at my house, work, and phone.

After trying to pull up the forum through the sublink just a minute ago under the main link it says in blue: "this site may be hacked"

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I only get the above error on the general chit chat link.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
What ive noticed lately is that if I google the site it brings up the link, and when I click on the sublink to bring me directly to the forum it brings up a spam page. This occurs on IE at my house, work, and phone.

After trying to pull up the forum through the sublink just a minute ago under the main link it says in blue: "this site may be hacked"

OK, this gives me a new clue to look for. Thank you.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
when I use Chrome it is the forum from a few days ago. I get several day old new threads via the new posts button saying today. When I go to Edge I get fresh data. I haven't cleared my cache or anything on Chrome

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Looks like our site has been infected. :mad: Using Sucuri Security to diagnose now.

Bub

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
So, I will need more details to investigate further. If you are a person who has had issues, I would like to know:

1. What were you doing when you experienced the problem?
a. click the "New Posts" button. lists the same posts for days on end. even clicking the posts will bring up only the old data. If I go to "Quick Links" and "Today's Posts" it is fresh.
b. Also sent a pm that did not go. second one the next day did. click on "private messages" showed an empty sent folder. still empty but I did get a reply so second pm did send.
2. Are you using a computer or a phone?
computer
If a computer, what OS are you running, and which browser are you running?
win10, Chrome
If a phone, what kind? Using the tapatalk app or a browser?

3. Did you try closing your browser or app, and opening it fresh?
several times but I will try clearing the cache as it now sounds like a caching issue. at least with the "New Posts" showing old data.
Thanks,
Matt

Thanks hope this helps

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
UPDATE: website should be fixed now. Please let me know if you are still seeing issues.

60wag

Rising Sun Member
I needed to clear out my Chrome cache but after that it's working again.

Bub

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
All looks good,

Thanks Matt

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Still having the same issue that I mentioned prior. Not a huge deal as I can enter through the member page. But thought I'd mention it.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Still having the same issue that I mentioned prior. Not a huge deal as I can enter through the member page. But thought I'd mention it.

I think it's fixed now - please try again.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I've had the same problem with the site telling me it's the same day for multiple days without updating. I cleared everything from cache and logged back in and it seems ok, but continues to require me to log in every time I visit.

Bub

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Did you check the little box to remember you when you logged in?