So to bed with the fj45....

acon40

Banned
Title will bring the jokes I am sure, figured it would make you read and if you a reading this....job done...:lmao: :hill:

So I am currently in the process of pick up a FJ45 in parts....tons of parts, swb frame, cab, unused longbed from Panama....etc etc... So here is what I am trying to figure out. This is not going to be a restor. It will be a crawler and that I am set on. Now, being a swb and finding out the to fit the bed all you have to do is extend the frame, that seems simple enough. The kicker is the frame has been powdercoated so it would be a shame to have to redo again when it's already done. I like the idea of the ute style beds and think that might be a better option then building a longbead/rack. I am not sure which way to go and this and I a open to advice/pics......thoughts?

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Didn't you just sell a 40 because it was going to be too much work and you didn't have time for a project? :rolleyes: :D

So I picked this up off craigslist..about a two weeks ago, but the more and more I do the math, I am just going to buy a ready to go fj40.....

...My plan was to sit on it and work on it....but I have a job promotion coming up that will take what little time I had away from me......

acon40

Banned
Hahaha, yea, but the rally screwed me.....I fell in love with the 45's there......THANKS RISING SUN......for adding more crap to my plate haha. But for real, I am picking up the parts and they will sit in a storage unit until next summer when I will get around to it. What I am trying to figure out is to keep the longbed or to sell it to recoop some of the cost an go the ute route...

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
I would say if you are going to wheel it, put a tray back on there! Mudrak's is AMAZING, I will find a pic and post it up...

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Here are some of my favorite non-traditional beds...

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    147.8 KB · Views: 3,964
  • 6WDCruiser.jpg
    6WDCruiser.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,642
  • fj45_beigeSOA_flatbed1.jpg
    fj45_beigeSOA_flatbed1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 11,247
  • m-38.jpg
    m-38.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,796
  • ResizeofDSC04638.jpg
    ResizeofDSC04638.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 3,722

acon40

Banned
Thanks for the pics. I have been eyeing the 1st and third pic somewhere else too and I think that will be the style I go....

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the pics. I have been eyeing the 1st and third pic somewhere else too and I think that will be the style I go....

That is Mudrak's rig, it is the sweetest looking 45 rear I have seen. I love how you could make a canvas cover and make it look like the last pic. You could also make it to where all the roll bars were removeable and just leave a tray back for hauling stuff...

Then you could store it at my house :D

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Where is that Charla Downey picture taken? That is incredible.