So I was driving on 44 year old tires....

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
and wouldn't you know it...2:30am one of them decides to part with it's tread. :eek:

You have got to love bias ply, they keep running with absolutely no tread on the tire! :D

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member

Attachments

• Bfg-D-750-15-04.jpg
    Bfg-D-750-15-04.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 190

wesintl

RS Moderator
I know that feeling.. Were you in the merc?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
When I owned my '64 Bug, I swore the tires were 20 years old. It handled like crap. One day on a whim, I went to Discount Tire and bought 4 new tires. The handling difference was unbelievable. Felt much safer to drive, and it absorbed the shock from potholes better too.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
The one that blew out was the OE tires that came on the Merc back in '63

Kipper

Hard Core 4+
The one that blew out was the OE tires that came on the Merc back in '63

You might call the dealer, seems like you should get a lot more that a lousy 44 years out of set of tires. Maybe they'll warranty them?

...it would at least be worth a shot just to hear the guy's response on the other end of that phone call

:lol:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
You might call the dealer, seems like you should get a lot more that a lousy 44 years out of set of tires. Maybe they'll warranty them?

...it would at least be worth a shot just to hear the guy's response on the other end of that phone call

:lol:

For 44 year old tires??:eek: Don't think they will void the warranty after that long, and it's understandable. Maybe call the dealer, but not in a irate state. Call them and just tell them what happend, and just tell your story to them. Maybe they'll be enrolled and do something about it:beer:

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
We've got a 54' Hydromatic with tires at least that old. They still look pretty good too.