so, everyone home

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
everyone get kicked out of work today? y'all can blame me. got to have a blizzard before a big road trip :D

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I work at home, so no day off for me. :(

My road trip starts Friday, so hopefully the roads will be clear-er by then.:)

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
so does mine...headed to idaho friday night.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Shut the jobsite down at 11:30 it was pretty nasty at I76 and Bromley

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Hey Ige, if the roads still suck on Friday, how about waiting till Sat to leave? The CAC is nice but sitting in a ditch for 4 hours waiting for a towtruck would be a major bummer. Stay safe.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i will most likely wait until sat now that i know there's two haley idahos and the one i need to go to is only 12 hours away :rolleyes:

Bighead

Trail Ready
No problem for me. I am between classes and I don't teach my next one until 10 Jan. Lots of time off. :)

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
left at 2 but just got home...had to stop for some food and then push people who were stuck for 2 hours. :)

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I haven't had to strap anyone yet. But, I remember from the previous storm we had a few years ago that can real difficult to "hook" on to cars to strap them. Most do have tow points in the front, but the hole is so small you can't get a normal d-ring into it, or even your winch hook in many cases. On that last blizzard I had to use my choker chain from the warn winch kit. The hook was just small enough. I have since bought a small hook that my d-ring will connect too. Good luck.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
nuclearlemon said:
everyone get kicked out of work today? y'all can blame me. got to have a blizzard before a big road trip :D

Nope....started plowing about 8am and just came home for a break, dry clothes, food, hopefully a little powernap and a movie with the family then it's out again probably till the snow stops! Kick butt storm! I love these conditions but I have to really draw on my inner patience as some of the idiots out there need to be cleaned outta the gene pool! :rant: :rolleyes: Be careful you all and if ya gotta travel please take your time!!!!!

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Sorry UB-

Stacy and I just got back from a walk on the beach tonight here in sunny Florida, 82 degrees today and glorious! :D :cool:

I have to say it is wierd looking at Christmas lights on palm trees and walking around in tanktops and flip flops, tomorrow night is family dinner eating fresh grouper sandwiches with our toes in the sand at our favorite beach dive... ahhh Florida.

Enjoy the snow everyone!

Drew

bvb

I'm hoping to get back to town tomorrow, other wise I'm stuck in Vegas till? :mad: The office got closed but work in the field never stops. Hope to get there before the holiday!

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
My flight out of San Diego today was canceled. They couldn't get me on another flight until Sunday, so we decided to DRIVE home. :eek: Hopefully we'll make it Thursday. :lmao:

Hants

Rising Sun Member
JadeRunner said:
... real difficult to "hook" on to cars to strap them. Most do have tow points in the front, but the hole is so small you can't get a normal d-ring into it, or even your winch hook in many cases.

I have a pair of "transit clusters" from Mac's Custom Tie Downs, and a 5,000 lb WLL bridle that I keep in my recovery kit (along with shackles & a yank strap).

http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=29

They work great for helping mini-vans and such...

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Hants said:
I have a pair of "transit clusters" from Mac's Custom Tie Downs, and a 5,000 lb WLL bridle that I keep in my recovery kit (along with shackles & a yank strap).

http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=29

They work great for helping mini-vans and such...

That transit cluster is sweet. There are always holes in the frame rails you can get too. Especially handy when needing to pull from the rear, then no tow points are available.

I remember being so disgusted with my neighbor when he buried the front of his Ford Explorer in a snow drift and there was absolutely no tow point in the rear of his lame 4x4. It would have been a quick strap from the rear, but I told him I couldn't help him till he dug out the front or something.

3ft up fresh up here in Evergreen. Man the snow is so light and fluffy, I was able to do some major snow bashing this morning. I bashed a drift so large getting back on the road that the snow went over my hood, onto windshield and I was driving blind for a few seconds. It super fun getting to the church parking lots and such before the plows get to them.

Hants

Rising Sun Member
We're at about 2ft here (Monument), and still moderately coming down... really drifted up due to the winds...

This afternoon will be fun (once it stops coming down): Snow blower for our driveway (keeps the :Princess: happy), saucers for the kids, driving over to Grandma's house to clear her driveway (roads between here and there won't be plowed until tomorrow).

I LOVE Colorado! :clap: :woot:

IanB

Uncle Ben said:
I love these conditions but I have to really draw on my inner patience as some of the idiots out there need to be cleaned outta the gene pool! :rant: :rolleyes: Be careful you all and if ya gotta travel please take your time!!!!!

I had a guy in an Accord decide to cut me off right as I was passing him, ended up doing multiple 360's on I-80 before i got it back under control :rant:

It just occurred to me though, no one gets past Ogallala, he's got to be here somewhere... and i'm bored and pissed off... ;)

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I made it to work on time yesterday morning, then promptly got sent home. Linda drove her little VW up from Lakewood but neither of us could get it all the way up the hill. I ended up strapping her up. No kidding about no tow points! I ended up wrapping the strap around her A-arm, I figured that ought to be plenty strong.

Last night I went out to shovel and brought the dog out with me. He got so excited he ran off down the street. I took the 40 out and drove around the neighborhood and found him romping around with some buddies.

We got around 3 feet here in Kittredge and it's still coming down, but at least it's not sideways like it was yesterday and last night. I'll take a poser shot shortly and post it up. Happy holidays!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Took the train in at 6, sent home at 10:30. Working remotely this morning managing calls. Off at 2. If the office stays closed tomorrow, I get a long weekend!

If not, I just need to stay close to the computer at home, boss said NP.

I love working where I work.