• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Snow Run Fun

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Thanks to Scott Yoder for, once again, organizing a great run that is one of the best Rising Sun traditions. There no doubt will be a writeup with tons of great pics. A beautiful and typical Colorado mountain day on the Rising Sun Snow run: sunshine, snow, wind, big snow drifts and lots of stuck trucks. Oh yeah, a little carnage too. To wit, I'd like to thank Greg (Cheeseman) Luer for not only being lead mechanic on the replacement of my broken Birfield, but for also having all of the necessary parts that I have, at home, but never considered would be needed on a little fun run like this. HA!!! I learned so much today about being self-sufficient and not downplaying the difficulties that might be encountered on even a "fun" run. Many thanks also to the people that hung in there when pizza (free!) and beer were waiting for them: Perry, Rick and his friend Brian?, Scott, Deano and Natalie and any one else my tired brain can't remember at the moment. All added good and warm camaraderie to a trying situation.
Cheeseman, this icon is for your: :bowdown:
Steve - no longer a broken Birf virgin
PS Nell and Pearl survived, without incident but were VERY HAPPY when I got home.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Glad you all got out OK, Steve. Here's one before the carnage:

Attachments

• Small Crase 2.JPG
    Small Crase 2.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,023

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Man, had a blast today! What great weather for a snow run. I rode shotgun in Jaderunner. Took lots of pics. I think the highlight for me was seeing Matt ride in the back of Deans mini trying to get up the hill. Matt had a big grin on his face. Glad eveybody made it out safe. Thanks again Jaderunner for a great run!

p.s, Scott, think I left my camera bag in your truck. I need to try and get that back befor next week, Let me know when you can get together.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Wow, I am SO glad I was able to get off work and go play today! Didn't get any really decent pics and my camera died a premature death by low batteries, but the fun I had driving my chained up 40 made up all the difference! Thanks to everybody for putting together/participating/keeping alive such a great club tradition! Def. the best club run I've been on so far! Only damage I had was a broken cross-link on one of my chains, but that's easily fixed. I can't even describe how happy I am with how well the day went! Truly spectacular!

Ric

I had such a great time, i want to thank everyone, thankx for letting me (and Brian) tag along, i cant tell you all how much fun it was, a great day wheeling, meet alot of great people, truely a great time, as my 4runner gets up to snuff, (regeared, skids, maybe a front locker) and as my ablity gets better, and IF im welcome, Ill wheel with you all anytime.
Thankx again.
Ric

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Bummer Steve, are those the new one or the old one that broke? Did you need the book I have in the back to get giggles? I am glad that all turned out OK and lots of great people to help get it together afterwards. Robbie

Crash

Rising Sun Member
powderpig said:
Bummer Steve, are those the new one or the old one that broke? Did you need the book I have in the back to get giggles? I am glad that all turned out OK and lots of great people to help get it together afterwards. Robbie

One of the new ones Robbie and weird, the bell cracked into two pieces and that was it. Made cleanup pretty darn easy. There were several comedians standing around taking pictures so the book wasn't necessary. You funny man!! Nice to have a tool box with all the necessary spare parts along especially one that turns the wrenches too. :eek: I will be much better prepared in the future.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Great time!

We had a big turnout -- Scott and I were guessing 21 rigs. It was the most snow I've ever seen on our snow run! Had a great time.

I showed up late, but so did four others, so we had our own little group: Neil O'Malley, John (Green Machine), Ige, me, and Neil Quigley. We put the two Neils at either end of our group and called ourselves the "Neil Group."

It was good to see a bunch of people on the trail who I hadn't seen in a while. When we caught up to the main group, they were flogging up a curvy hill with deep snow, one at a time. Dean took a run in his chained-up minitruck, not quite blasting through the first time. I told him, "You need some weight in the back." He said, "Well, you can get back there." So I hopped in and help onto his well-anchored gasoline cans. It was a hoot.

Brought the 80, running boards and all. It actually performed quite well. There were lots of 80s on this run, and mine was the smallest.

We ate a ton of pizza and drank some fine Tommyknocker Pick Axe Pal Ale. Our final group of four staggered out of Beau Jo's to find that Ige had a flat tire. While changing the Ige's tire, Matt (Subzali) discovered he had no headlights. By a fluke, he then found that the bright beams were working fine. So we caravaned back to Denver, staying together as a group to make sure Ige's spare tire didn't explode and Matt's bright beams bothered only our group.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I missed Perry's phone call about the headlights :( Let me know if you need help Matt. There is a dimmer switch that seems to control all of that and usually the problem is in there. We can also check the fiber straps on the fenders. I'll be home tonight if you want to work on it.

I uploaded all my pics to the root45 wheelin' gallery and password protected it so we can save the pics for the Toyota Trails writeup.

**go to the members section Pizza Run 2006 thread for password**

Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Well I knew what the problem was with the headlights...last Friday I took that apart to try and tackle my left turn signal problem, but put it back together wrong. But the story gets thicker...this morning I tackled it again and got it working fine again, but then I tried to get the turn signal flasher out and ended up pulling a few too many wires by accident I guess and now I don't have my fan for heat, I now have NO headlights, NO turn signals (used to have right turn signal), and no radio. D'oh! All that wiring needed to be cleaned up anyway, so guess what I'll be doing the next few weeks? :confused: :rolleyes:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
The fresh snow and nice turn-out sure made for a great run. It was nice to see such a nice mix of "old time" members and new members all on one run. I went home feeling happy that so many people showed up and had such a good time.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
thanks for the great time

I had a really good day. My son enjoyed himself too. I was very pleased at how well the 100 did in the snow. You are all great people to spend time with. I can't wait to see you again. Treeroot, the photo from Tin cup is going up on the wall.

Crux

This was my first snow run and I had a great time riding along with Ric.
It was fun messing around with my new camera. Some pics came out ok, some were too over-exposed. It was a good learning experience.

I resized them for the web (800x600) and threw together a quick and dirty adobe web gallery. If anyone wants a larger resolution pic just let me know.

I'd post the link to the gallery, but I think Ige mentioned she wanted to keep the pics under wraps for an article or something.

Lemme know :cool:

(teaser for Ric)
IMG_7400.jpg

________
Ffm compilation

Last edited:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
yep, please keep them pretty much underwraps...especially your best shots.

article is done except for one detail and i need any pics that anyone would like to submit. please make sure your full name is attached to the pic, so proper credit can be given, and email to nuclearlemon at comcast.net or pm me for snail mail.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
So after the article comes out are we going to be able to get those pics? Please pretty please? :D

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
yep...or go to the members only section

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Ige,

My "good" pics I posted in the members section. There might be one or two others worthy. Do you want any of them? I can send them to you if you like.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Shark Bait said:
Ige,

My "good" pics I posted in the members section. There might be one or two others worthy. Do you want any of them? I can send them to you if you like.
cool...i'll let you know thanks chris.

just got brian's...i'm going through them now, but DAMN are they AWESOME! his camera rocks!

Crux

If anyone wants to see the pics from the snow run, just shoot me a PM and I'll send you the link (unless it's already been posted in the members section or something)

I gotta take down those pics soon, cuz I'm running out of room and need to make space.
________
LAKEWOOD ASSEMBLY

Last edited:
Holy Thread Revival Batman!

Treeroot and I worked on a little video of the snowrun. We intended to get this out to everyone sooner but I had trouble getting the compression right and still have it look ok for download....Enjoy!!

Right-Click, Save Target As
http://cougarland.net/vids/snowrun-2006.mov 178MB