• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Sneaky spammers on our forum

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
In the last few days, we have banned a couple of users who were posing as legitimate members of the forum. I'd like to ask everyone to keep an eye out for these folks and report them to your admin/moderators. Here is what to look for:

• Revivals of very old threads with "helpful" posts that don't really add anything or provide real advice.
  • Posts with links in them to websites that seem of dubious value.
  • A recent registration date.
  • Three or four recent posts that don't seem to make a lot of sense.
Please post up here if you see suspicious activity so we can deal with it at once. We can usually tell quickly, especially when we look up the IP address they registered from.

Your admin/moderator team is:
BreckBJ44 - webmaster/admin
Wesintl - admin
Hulk - admin
Kipper - admin
Nakman - moderator
Romer - moderator

Any of us can deal with spammers. We just need to know about it.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Richard 18 is questionable to me...

2 posts, both on furniture for sale threads, and he has a link in his signature to "Sleepys" (some mattress place) but yet he is in construction?

Reportedly lives in Indiana yet there is no Sleepys in Indiana :confused: - Maybe he just really, really, really likes the place :dunno:

admin

Forum Administrator
I did initially keep him upon registration since his ip matched his location and noted a Toyota 4runner vheicle. There are no sleepys in indiana though and both posts were kinda suspect so I did remove him. thx