Shelf Carb Anyone?

Jgage

Brand New
Hey there! Looking to rebuild my carb. I’m new to the 2F and have a couple kiddos, so I’d like to take my time. Anyone have a shelf carburetor that I could borrow while I do a slow rebuild on mine? Pic of Dusty.

IMG_9035.jpeg

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Hey there! Looking to rebuild my carb. I’m new to the 2F and have a couple kiddos, so I’d like to take my time. Anyone have a shelf carburetor that I could borrow while I do a slow rebuild on mine? Pic of Dusty.

View attachment 126468
You just need a carb to borrow for visually matching stuff up on your rebuild? If you’re in Denver I have one you can use for that. I don’t want it taken apart though.

Other tips: I used both the Keyster and Rock Auto kits. I also ordered a new float, leather-seal accelerator pump plunger, and secondary diaphragm from City Racer. There isn’t a good one-stop-shopping kit if you want to do everything. I tend to go a little overboard though, so your mileage may vary.

Jgage

Brand New
Looking for a carb I can bolt on so that I can drive my fj60 around while I rebuild mine. I’d return the borrowed carb once I bolt my rebuilt one back on. Hopefully that clarifies things!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Honestly, you'll spend more time unbolting, disconnecting, reconnecting, etc. than the rebuild will take. I would just get your carb dip, tools, manual and rebuild kits on hand first and just knock it out on a weekend rather than spending the time to get a borrowed carb on and running. Just my 2 cents.

Nice 60!

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Agreed. The one I have on the shelf is not a drop-in, but could be used as a reference. It'll take two days to rebuild your current carb. Order the stuff, buy some Berryman's chem dip and have an air compressor with a blower tip ready. maybe some very tiny wire brushes, like for an airbrush paint sprayer. Harbor Freight has those for about $2.