• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

save the gulches lawsuit

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I'm so glad that CORE is taking these scum bags to task on this. It's about time that the 4WD community starts hitting back in a meaningful way. Surely there's not a judge out there, with a functioning brain, that would look at this and not see the blatant actions to conspire for closures of legal and established roadways.
Unfortunately there are a lot of activist judges out there that can and will do exactly that. Our judicial system is very broken atm.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Well said @TheHoneyBadger. It is no coincidence. The end game doesn't look good at all once you take everything into consideration.

It's not just National Forest land either. BLM and other land is being fenced off too. Like you say, it's land that people could live off too and close by metro areas... no coincidence. You used to be able to drive all through Colorado on little backroads. Now if you want to go somewhere in the mountains you must take the interstate or main highways.

I for one am excited to own nothing and be happy!

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Does anyone have any updates on this case? Is it moving forward? Is there any progress?

I have it from a reliable local source, that people are being ticketed on a regular basis now and they’ve torn down signage about “Hacket gulch” being a road, etc.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Last updates I'm seeing on the Web is from 5 months ago... 🥺 They went to litigation. Which could take a very long time for information gathering.
Hopefully they will have an update video soon.

View: https://youtu.be/vaBEFIbI-sA

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
They do it all very quietly and on the sly. Pisses me off so much. The UTV crowd really has made it easy for the Forest Service to do this under the guise of protecting the land.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. That won’t work with thinking about it the way you are. Like it or not, those ATV’s and involvement in getting them on board to support these lawsuits is critical.

Last edited:

cbmontgo

Hard Core 4+
The enemy has f my enemy is my friend. That won’t work with thinking about it the way you are. Like it or not, those ATV’s and involvement in getting them on board to support these lawsuits is critical.
I do get it.

Maybe the two are outrunning each other, but it seems like the trail closure battle has increased exponentially since UTVs started blasting the back roads. Are lawsuits actually being won? Seems like fighting the government in court is a war of attrition sooner or later.

By the way, I own two ATVs and a UTV.