save the gulches lawsuit

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
core and trail defenders have finally realized the only way to get the gulches fully opened is through litigation and they have started a go fund me to raise money. i know marcus from core very well and he is a dedicated four wheeler and all around great guy. if you've been to 14erfest, he's one of the folks instrumental in getting that event going. core also is very active in adopt a trails in the bv area. i will vouch for him and his mission 100%

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Donated. Thanks for sharing Ige

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Paid my dues! The courts system is one of the only ways to get lasting change in this country so let's do it!

edit: just saw that Patrick McKay is on this gofundme. He is a good friend of mine from my early DIY drone/UAV days he was dedicated to fighting the FAA and overreaching authorities to help hobbyist keep flying our drones and maintaining our rights. He was instrumental in stopping the state of Colorado from passing anti-drone legislation. He's the man! He does have a Jeep though...

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Get your hat and sticker pack and help the defense at the same time!

HatFundraiser.jpg

AimCOTaco

Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Donated, ordered, and staying tuned!

Thanks all!!

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
It's sad that things have devolved like this but dueling lawsuits and high priced lobbyists are it seems necessary for any user group who wants to have their voices heard by Congress and the Executive.

Hulk

Cruise Moab Chairman & Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I donated as well.

@nakman @MountainGoat - can Rising Sun make a $1,000 donation to the cause? Let's make this happen!

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Cruise Moab Committee
I donated as well.

@nakman @MountainGoat - can Rising Sun make a $1,000 donation to the cause? Let's make this happen!
We can't use club money without a proper vote, but we can use CM proceeds. As the CM Committee Chair you can approve the use of those funds. As the CM Treasurer I would opine that we can do so without adversely impacting next year's event. If anyone on the Committee or otherwise disagrees they should speak up. Otherwise I will send the money tomorrow.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
We can't use club money without a proper vote, but we can use CM proceeds. As the CM Committee Chair you can approve the use of those funds. As the CM Treasurer I would opine that we can do so without adversely impacting next year's event. If anyone on the Committee or otherwise disagrees they should speak up. Otherwise I will send the money tomorrow.
I'll object. I feel like this should go through the proper motions in our Philanthropy committee, then presented to the club for approval. Doesn't mean I oppose the donation, or that we can't act quickly on it, but we shouldn't set a tone of making somewhat kneejerk donations here. CM proceeds are allocated by committee, of which we're (@Hulk, @MountainGoat) members of. let's just do it right.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Cruise Moab Committee
I'll object. I feel like this should go through the proper motions in our Philanthropy committee, then presented to the club for approval. Doesn't mean I oppose the donation, or that we can't act quickly on it, but we shouldn't set a tone of making somewhat kneejerk donations here. CM proceeds are allocated by committee, of which we're (@Hulk, @MountainGoat) members of. let's just do it right.
I see your reasoning Tim. Technically, the Philanthropy Committee directs Cruise Moab "profit" after expenses and seed money set aside for next year's event. We don't have any profit as of now, so these funds would come from the seed money for next year's event.

The Cruise Moab Committee Chair and Treasurer have determined that we can allocate $1,000 of next year's seed money to philanthropy. Now it's over to you as the Philanthropy Chair. Can you put up a poll in the Philanthropy Committee forum? Ideally the committee would decide and then it would go to the club for a vote. We can get it moving on the proper channels that way. Thanks for pointing this out. (y)

Hulk

Cruise Moab Chairman & Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Philanthropy committee makes proposals, RS club votes on it. If the rest of the philanthropy committee thinks this is a good idea, we can do an online vote. I think RS bylaws stipulate the vote must remain open for 7 days to club members. Our donation will still be accepted in 7+ days, so this isn't a problem. I'm just thinking we should act somewhat quickly to help out.

AimCOTaco

Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
While our club works to add funds formally, I wanted to bump this and remind everyone about it.

As busy as our outdoors have become we simply can't afford to lose more ground or more trails, don't hesitate to take action as a volunteer or donor alongside the clubs efforts.

Thanks all!