Wanted SAS parts

Looking to find and/or buy something? Add this prefix to your thread.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Looking for SAS parts for Lisa’s 3rd gen. Dimond housing, rock assault, or I might swap to passenger drop and look for a 80 front axle, top shift gear driven transfer cases, etc.

Let me know what you have.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Looking for SAS parts for Lisa’s 3rd gen. Dimond housing, rock assault, or I might swap to passenger drop and look for a 80 front axle, top shift gear driven transfer cases, etc.

Let me know what you have.
Well I guess that's one way to fix her front end clunk lol. NGL when I was bending my cam tab back the other week I was thinking it would be nice to SAS. Wanting to do it even more after seeing 2 SASed 3rd gens on the snow run. I've also seen some people chop an 80 axle and keep the carrier on the driver side Seems like it could be simpler than doing an exhaust reroute. I'm definitely interested to see how much you end up being able to pull off a SAS for.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I did a sas to eliminate front end clunk too. Let me know if you have any “how to” questions.
no front end clunk in my truck, just want a "better" build ;) I want to be able to follow the big boys on the harder trails

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Budget build. Leaf springs party harder anyway.
Sooooooooooooooooooo...... No longer a budget build. :oops:
Still going leaf springs in the rear, but going to 3 link the front now and, ORI struts for the front.

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
Okay so this may trigger people, what about a rubicon 44. Elocker, high pinion, lots of aftermarket support.

Then use conversion spacers in the rear to match axle width and lug pattern then run jk wheels. 😁

People would be livid!!!

C.Gerdo

Rock Stacker
I ran the numbers and thought about every option of axles. The rubicon axle did come to mind but they are hard to find. I went diamond. After buying a junkyard axle and replacing everything so it was fresh and reliable, it would save $300-$500 over the diamond. And the diamond didn’t need to be trussed or old mounts removed. Not trussing the axle, I can tuck the axle tube within an inch of the oil pan (the panhard bar needed to be bent in a S shape to also tuck to the oil pan). My diamond is is 66” wms and things get very tight even at that width. I kept my build as low as I could without raising the engine. I went with 35” tires and I’m not sorry. I did end up doing a full rear suspension rebuild. I had to lift the rear to match the front (completely build the front first). Lifting the rear caused a roll axis angle of 20 degrees of oversteer and 69% anti squat. It took some planning (and luck) on where the shock towers poke into the engine bay.

Time to start a build thread.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I ran the numbers and thought about every option of axles. The rubicon axle did come to mind but they are hard to find. I went diamond. After buying a junkyard axle and replacing everything so it was fresh and reliable, it would save $300-$500 over the diamond. And the diamond didn’t need to be trussed or old mounts removed. Not trussing the axle, I can tuck the axle tube within an inch of the oil pan (the panhard bar needed to be bent in a S shape to also tuck to the oil pan). My diamond is is 66” wms and things get very tight even at that width. I kept my build as low as I could without raising the engine. I went with 35” tires and I’m not sorry. I did end up doing a full rear suspension rebuild. I had to lift the rear to match the front (completely build the front first). Lifting the rear caused a roll axis angle of 20 degrees of oversteer and 69% anti squat. It took some planning (and luck) on where the shock towers poke into the engine bay.

Time to start a build thread.
This will most likely be changed into the build thread, once it starts.
I'm going with a waggy D44. Found one for 300 bucks rotor to rotor (picking it up tomorrow at the expo).
A good friend runs this axle with mostly stock internals with minimal issues...
Got a IFS box and hydro assist as well....

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Reeeeeally hoping we can get this done before Cruise Moab next year 🤞

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I have a couple gear driven Tcases (84-95 or whatever) cant remember if top or rear shift, you can take a look and see if they fit your application.
Definitely interested in a top shift case.

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
Is the IFS front manual hub'd? Not sure if it would work in the Tacoma but if so I'd be interested in the parts, J-shift t-case too since it looks like you are looking to swap too :D