• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Rivnuts anyone

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Been trying to work these Rivnuts to get my tank in and all I have been able to do is make the hole bigger. I am going to take it to a shop in the morning unless someone out there is good with this stuff, or more likely has the right tool

usds.jpg

From this thread. Two existing holes and two need to be drilled

http://george4wd.taskled.com/auxtank.html

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
what do you mean by 'work them"? are you installing rivnuts or are youdoing something to existing rivnuts?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I'm installing rivnuts to hang my sub tank

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
do you have the tool to install them?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
no tool. went to napa and carquest and they didn't know what I was talking about. Trying to use two 12 mm wrenches like cdan said

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
i think i got it figured out now. we will see

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Rivnets are normally installed with a special tool which expands them to the predrilled hole they are inserted to.

yes, but that tool won't fit in these locations. That is why I had to use a different method. Worked in 3 out of 4 rivnuts.:D

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
yes, but that tool won't fit in these locations. That is why I had to use a different method. Worked in 3 out of 4 rivnuts.:D
Good to hear; after I posted that up last night I was in my garage and remembered that I have a tool (there are several different brands, including "nutserts, etc.) and an assortment of inserts. Holler if you'd like to borrow it!