• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Rising Sun Rally Run - Bill Moore August 9

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
A very definite maybe...add an 80 to the list.

If possible I'd like to host a guest from the Post; whether it is Sheba or another staffer. I'd like to explain how responsible 4 wheeling groups like Rising Sun are good stewards of the environment.

My rig is still sitting all nice and covered in the garage waiting for me to have enough extra money to work on her! I had to give up living with roommates, then the Post cut our salaries to keep the paper going. So I literally have no extra money at all. Every time I try to save up, something happens....like I need a new roof thanks to hail, etc. etc. The photography money is only getting me by but not giving me extra yet.

jettaglxdriver

Hard Core 4+
I'm doing a double birthday party on Saturday for the GF and her youngest son. The family is coming over and they are making some pot stickers and eating that Kimshi crap. I think I am going to fry me some buffalo wings.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'm doing a double birthday party on Saturday for the GF and her youngest son. The family is coming over and they are making some pot stickers and eating that Kimshi crap. I think I am going to fry me some buffalo wings.

:confused: ok, sounds like fun... but what does this have to do with the Bill Moore run on Sunday? :confused:

mtncrsr

Lifted
Wish that I could join you all. But alas I need to help my in-laws all day Saturday:( You guys have a great run and enjoy the rally:D

nick in nebraska

Rising Sun Member
unless something goes wrong Dad in his 4 runner and i in my 40 will be making the trip up from the flat lands and running the bill moore sun. maybe we will play on sat eve somewhere close by. red cone area?

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
My son Mitchell and I will be there.

Paparoot

Rising Sun Member
I am going to be there. I hope to get a few things done Sat after the Rally.

Swoop

I'll be there! It'll be my first Rising Sun Run and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys. Every trip needs a Virgin-Runner, right? :)

-Probably will see you tmrw, too.

-Alan

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Virgins are cool. I actually smashed my tail light last year on this run. It was totally Ricardo's fault. He thought I knew my rig well and was going over this rock like I knew what I was doing.

Swoop

Virgins are cool. I actually smashed my tail light last year on this run. It was totally Ricardo's fault. He thought I knew my rig well and was going over this rock like I knew what I was doing.

LOL! That'll probably be me (broken tail light). ;)

Is this the same as the Bill Moore Lake trail in the Wells 4x4 Guide? They're rating that one difficult. Go big or go home, right? :D

Last edited:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
LOL! That'll probably be me (broken tail light). ;)

Is this the same as the Bill Moore Lake trail in the Wells 4x4 Guide? They're rating that one difficult. Go big or go home, right? :D

I don't know if it is Well's or not, but it's a bunny trail. There is a harder trail in the vicinity called Red Elephant Hill, which I haven't done yet but would like to. Any stock Toyota 4x4 can do Bill Moore Trail easily. There are only a couple of sections where you even need 4 wheel drive, at least in the summer. It is just beautiful and relatively close to town.

Too early in the season and there and there are huge snowdrifts up there. We did this in April one year and it was a winchfest.

As such we may have trail traffic (it is a popular area) and we get a lot of other folks on channel 4 we might switch to 5.