• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Rising Sun Rally - August 8

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
What: Rising Sun Rally
Where: Jeffco Stadium. 540 Kipling St. Lakewood, CO
Time: 10am to 3 pm

Rising Sun is really looking forward to getting together with our old friends and making new friends at the Rally, its coming up soon!!! Time to get a Rally Event thread going, so that people can begin hooking up with others on types of trucks they want to learn more about, parts they are looking to swap/sell/buy. We will also use this thread to post up exciting items of interest for all the attendees. There will be separate threads posted for details on the Rally Runs which will occur on Sunday the 9th.

Exciting Items of Interest
FREE 4WD Training from Bill Burke
======================

Bill Burke from 4-Wheeling America will be giving short talks and demos at the Slee Offroad booth at the rally. We will be doing short 15 minute presentations on the hour from 11pm to 2pm.

Topics covered will be

-tricks and tips for the HLJ including tire repair
-winch line splicing and repair
-various rigging practices for winching
-bug out bag/first aid kits, which survival/emergency items to carry with you
-using the premier power welder

He will also be giving out some door prizes during these demos and be available for questions throughout the day.​

Last edited by a moderator:

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Interest in 4runners

I've been contacted off line by someone with a pretty heavily build 1985 4Runner, he is interested in learning more about 4runners specifically and maybe buying some parts. Who among the 4runner crowd is planning to be at the Rally? Are you bringing parts to swap/sell?

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
What do we need to do if you want to host a booth at the rally? Is there a cost?

I don't have the answers at my finger tips. Please send a PM to Ige (Nuclearlemon) and she will get you the information you need. :thumb:

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
I've been contacted off line by someone with a pretty heavily build 1985 4Runner, he is interested in learning more about 4runners specifically and maybe buying some parts. Who among the 4runner crowd is planning to be at the Rally? Are you bringing parts to swap/sell?

I should be there and selling a roll cage frt and rr a rr bumper and some other stuff.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
I'll bring my 1989 sas'd 4runner out there.
JKimmel MIGHT bring his classic all stock 4Runner out there for a bit too.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Looking forward to this one. Something the broken 4runner can make.

:cool::beer::beer: