Reupholster 100 seats? Where?

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
I'm trying to convince him to use me and my 40 as a test case to see if he can replace 40 headliners fairly easily and done well with the hardtop on. He said he's game - I'll report back.

Pz10420

Trail Ready
Just finished installing this replacement leather from Amazon. $65 and I'm sure from China and who knows how long itll last but much better than the old cover and the fit and finish are pretty good.
20231024_175356.jpg

Pz10420

Trail Ready
Let me know if you want any other info or pics. The new leather feels great and all the stitching looks real good. I am considering ordering a seat bottom for the passenger side as well since the price is so cheap, even though the passenger side is in decent shape.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
One item of note with recovering the seats. Often the foam underneath still needs to be addressed. The PO of my car recovered the seats with L seats covers. My seats in my 100 looked great, but the compressed foam in the lumbar area caused bad pain in my lower back on long trips.

Pz10420

Trail Ready
I was pretty shocked with the good condition of my foam. Pretty sure it was original at 345k miles and 25 years old. The seat is way more comfy now with the new leather and the old cushion. I did buy my 98 from the original owner who was a slender man so that probably helped save the cushion.