Red Cone/Radical Hill/Saints John - 7/31/21

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@bassguyry Count me out mate, decided to go full send on SAS5, leaving 7/30 so we can hit Mesa Verde or Canyons of the Ancients before hand. Catch y’all on the next one…

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
@bassguyry Count me out mate, decided to go full send on SAS5, leaving 7/30 so we can hit Mesa Verde or Canyons of the Ancients before hand. Catch y’all on the next one…
No worries, my dude! Have fun at SAS! Mesa Verde is awesome - I haven't been there since I was 10!

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Pivoting a bit on this - sounds like Radical Hill has become pretty treacherous (read: extremely off-camber) at one spot, due to a pretty bad rock/mudslide. So, we'll probably just run Red Cone/Webster Pass all the way into Montezuma and then head back up Saints John.

Pic of the rock/mudslide:

1627079801436.png

Camo80

Rising Sun Member
Looking forward to getting out! Where & when are we meeting Friday? Being a new guy, giving me a spot on the map is much appreciated. Make it painfully obvious.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Before I scout a camping spot, I'll need a tally of how many rigs are camping on Friday night. Also, if you are camping what is the earliest on Friday everyone can meet? Ideally, the majority of us would meet at the trailhead, and go find a camping spot from there, but I'm flexible.

Let me know!

@J1000 @Notyourmomslx450 @Camo80 @On the RX @DomOfTheDead

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We plan on camping Fri and Sat. Hopefully Leaving town Fri late afternoon/early evening

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Before I scout a camping spot, I'll need a tally of how many rigs are camping on Friday night. Also, if you are camping what is the earliest on Friday everyone can meet? Ideally, the majority of us would meet at the trailhead, and go find a camping spot from there, but I'm flexible.

Let me know!

@J1000 @Notyourmomslx450 @Camo80 @On the RX @DomOfTheDead
Not camping. Would just be at the trailhead Saturday

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Waiting for Marshé to make a final decision on if this is what she wants to do for our anniversary. Last year we stayed at the Hotel Colorado and chilled in the hot springs and got engaged. I can't beat that this year so... we'll see. I'm leaving this decision up to her like a smart man🥴

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Waiting for Marshé to make a final decision on if this is what she wants to do for our anniversary. Last year we stayed at the Hotel Colorado and chilled in the hot springs and got engaged. I can't beat that this year so... we'll see. I'm leaving this decision up to her like a smart man🥴
Red cone is what @Yarn Runner and I are doing for our anniversary😉

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Is she holding out because I refused to play at your wedding? :ROFLMAO:

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
From what I can gather, she would prefer something more intimate. But she hasn't been camping yet this season and really wants to get out to see the stars but is concerned about getting alt sick. Any idea on general elevation for the camp site?

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
From what I can gather, she would prefer something more intimate. But she hasn't been camping yet this season and really wants to get out to see the stars but is concerned about getting alt sick. Any idea on general elevation for the camp site?
I plan on finding a site close to the southern trailhead of Webster Pass (there's not much on Red Cone itself), so I'd assume between 9,000-10,000 feet (probably closer to 9,000).

Camo80

Rising Sun Member
We can flex with the group decision. Earliest we can be down there 4pm. We are only camping Friday and need to get off the trail about 10:30am Sat… other commitments :(

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@bassguyry not going to make it. Have way to much to do around the house and need to figure out why my rear locker isn’t engaging. Think I twisted some splines on the Rubicon.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
@bassguyry not going to make it. Have way to much to do around the house and need to figure out why my rear locker isn’t engaging. Think I twisted some splines on the Rubicon.
The Rubicon gives, and the Rubicon takes away. :)

No worries, man - next time!

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Well, this sucks. Forecast is calling for rain Friday afternoon into Friday evening, and then rain all day Saturday.

What do you guys think - stick with the plan or reschedule for another weekend?

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We are up to try, otherwise we would be open to just running a trail on sat, red cone or something else