Random Pictures Thread

Brucker

Hard Core 4+
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,226
Location
Broomfield, CO
1000009734.jpg
 

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
18,151
Location
Centennial
1000051926.jpg

@Hulk I need a new HELL YEAH sticker!

Yeah, that one was made by a local guy who runs a print shop. Super nice dude, but his sticker quality isn't on par with the places that do stickers only.The printing is great but the stickers don't stay stuck. Maybe I will do a reprint.
 

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Joined
May 30, 2021
Messages
1,686
Location
Thornton
Yeah, that one was made by a local guy who runs a print shop. Super nice dude, but his sticker quality isn't on par with the places that do stickers only.The printing is great but the stickers don't stay stuck. Maybe I will do a reprint.
Is this your latest design?
 

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2020
Messages
1,062
Yeah, that one was made by a local guy who runs a print shop. Super nice dude, but his sticker quality isn't on par with the places that do stickers only.The printing is great but the stickers don't stay stuck. Maybe I will do a reprint.
I wonder if it’s the type you ordered? The ones we have by that printer have been on our trucks for over a year for mine and two for Dom’s and they are doing great. Outside windows with no garage time.
 

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Joined
Aug 22, 2005
Messages
18,151
Location
Centennial
Is this your latest design?

Yep. It's been 18 months or thereabouts since I've done a new Hell Yeah sticker.

I wonder if it’s the type you ordered? The ones we have by that printer have been on our trucks for over a year for mine and two for Dom’s and they are doing great. Outside windows with no garage time.

He didn't ask me "Which type of sticker do you want -- the kind that sticks for a good long while or the shittier version?" I was more worried about the UV coating to keep the colors from fading (and the colors have done well). But I've had more than one sticker from the same vendor with this problem so I have moved on. It's good that your results have been better. I'm not willing to risk my meager dollars on stickers again at this point, but I wouldn't hesitate to use him for some other kind of printing. I like working with a local dude but results have been disappointing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thought about this a little more and thought I would share my decision-making tree. I do prefer to go local.

Scenario 1. Online vendor offers bargain prices. Local vendor is more expensive. Difference is enough to buy a nice lunch at a restaurant, not just pennies. My choice: local vendor.

Scenario 2. Shipping is free with online vendors. Local vendor either requires me to pick up in person (at least an hour of my time + fuel) or charges for shipping. My choice: local vendor, paid for shipping.

Scenario 3. Quality of stickers from online vendor is excellent: stickers don't fade and stay stuck for years. Quality of stickers from local vendor is not good -- stickers inside my garage are peeling up after only one year. My choice: I can't continue with the local vendor. My loyalty only goes so far.

It's not a money issue. I am willing to pay more to support local businesses. But when quality suffers, I must go elsewhere.

These three scenarios are not made up. All were true of several orders in 2024 and 2025.
 
Last edited:

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2020
Messages
1,062
Sorry that experience happened to you. You also have to do what makes sense to you and based off your experiences I understand it.
 
Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

GIG 'EM GILL
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Joined
Aug 4, 2014
Messages
4,444
Location
Westminster
Saw this guy on holy cross Saturday. He wasn’t on the trail when I went past, (leading), but came down to say hi to some if the others behind me.
IMG_5795.jpeg
 
Back
Top