• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Rally 08 Disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I managed to miss another rally. I was stoked about it too. I loaded all my extra parts up and some that I needed to drop off and was on my way. Every thing was going good, it was a great day and great traffic on I-25. Picked up a friend and we were cruising along. About 60 miles into it, just outside of Denver we lost power and everything died. So close but so far away. We spent a couple hours trying to get things going again but with no luck. Spent the rest of my day and my raffle money on getting my baby home. I guess I will be posting a bunch of parts out here to try and recover some of the tow costs. Oh well, maybe I will have better luck next year. If any one has any cool pics of the rally and wouldn't mind sending them to coloradobound25@yahoo.com That would be cool.

Attachments

• Tow 1.JPG
    Tow 1.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 593
  • Tow 2.JPG
    Tow 2.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 584

wesintl

RS Moderator
Nice troopie. gas or diesel?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
That would have been sweet to see for sure.

Bring it by to a meeting when you get it running

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
dang...that sucks. would've been a nice addition to the raritys collection. we had bj70s, a 45lv, a few 45 longbeds, a non us fj55, a 43series...yours woudl've been the only troopy though :(

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
You should have called, I could have come and picked you up. One more reason to install the winch I got from Ige on the trailer.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
dang...that sucks. would've been a nice addition to the raritys collection. we had bj70s, a 45lv, a few 45 longbeds, a non us fj55, a 43series...yours woudl've been the only troopy though :(

and there was at least 1 ultimate rarity...a dark green Lexus 80!!

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Boulder,

Sorry we could not be more help when we saw you and stopped. By the time I got turned around the tow truck was already there. I hope the problem is minor and inexpensive to fix.:)

Cheers,

Jeff

:beer:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Rally

Thanks guys, I was thinking it would have been a good idea to trailer it down there in the first place but I have been driving it every where. It is a gasser with a propane set up on it. Flex fuel, ha. I hope to get some money together and start the resto on it. Maybe I will have it done in time for next years rally. Cross my fingers and hope to win the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.