Rainbow Lakes trailhead letter of support

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
From a frequent participant in the Boulder Ranger District OHV committee. Please consider helping by writing a letter of support and sending it to Paul:
Hillbillies 4x4 Club, Inc.

258 Greenway Circle West

Broomfield, Co 80020

October 24, 2005

My name is Paul Grobe and I am the Land Use Chair man and Past President of the Hillbillies 4x4 Club. We are a small group of 4 wheelers who believe in giving back to the land that supports our hobby. We have an Adopt a Road agreement with the Boulder office of the Forest Service for the Caribou area. This working relationship has a 12 year history. We have completed many projects including signage, designated campsites, restoration of closed road areas and an ongoing education and greeting program.

Since we have this relationship with the Forest Service, they have asked us to apply for and complete a new project at the Rainbow Lakes Campground. This area is also the Trailhead for Rainbow Lakes and Arapahoe Glacier Trail, one of four access points to Indian Peaks Wilderness in the Boulder Ranger District. At this time there is not enough parking for people using these trails and that is causing user conflicts between campers and hikers at the Trailhead. The Caribou and West Magnolia Travel Management Plan included moving the Trailhead and creating a 20 space parking area which could also accommodate trailers, and to relieve the congestion in the Campground area.

This grant would consist of creating a parking area outside of the Campground, rebuilding the Trailheads for Rainbow Lakes and Arapahoe Glacier Trails, creating a mile of connector trail to existing trails and restoration of current Trailhead to reduce erosion.

Please consider writing a letter of support of this project that I could include in our Grant application. The letter needs to be addressed to Colorado State Parks- Trails Program, 13787 S. Highway 85, Littleton, CO 80125, but mailed to myself. Unfortunately the deadline is very close. I desperately need these letters by October 28, 2005.

Thank you for your support and your letter.

Paul Grobe

Land Use Chairman

Hillbillies 4x4 Club, Inc.

258 Greenway Circle West

Broomfield, CO 80020