• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

radiator repair or replace

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Haven't priced a new one yet but what would you do? My radiator started bleeding yesterday. At 125K on the clock. I'm leaning toward replacement. Or do I just solder it? I've never done it before but I'm pretty handy.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
farnhamstj said:
Haven't priced a new one yet but what would you do? My radiator started bleeding yesterday. At 125K on the clock. I'm leaning toward replacement. Or do I just solder it? I've never done it before but I'm pretty handy.

On your 100 right? I believe thats aluminum isn't it? Probably could get an aftermarket replacement or even a discounted OE for $350ish. Peace of mind makes it much cheaper! :rolleyes: :cheers:

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
yep on the 100. I'm all about reliability. Just got home from 10 days of driving. $350 is about what I was guessing. Good thing money grows on trees. I don't think I'll be paying anyone to do the install. So at least I save on labor. Aftermarket makes me nervous. I'll call Stevenson tomorow.

wesintl

RS Moderator
I've ordered a radiator from radiatorbarn.com. They used to have a club discount too. The one for my camry was made in japan and identical to OEM. It has almost the same amount of miles on it as the original did and I suspect it'll go further. I hope you have the same if you go that route.

HTH

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Ended up getting one from C-dan. Also got upper and lower hoses, new antena, in cabin filters. Actualy took me less time than I expected. First time anything ever took less. I'm learning about red radiator fluid.