• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Pulling Engine,Tranny,T-Case

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
I think I'm all set to jerk everything out in one go. Front end is completely open, exhaust disconnected, intake hose and what-not off, both drive shafts and hood off, wiring harness out of firewall, misc. hoses and ground wires off, front sway bar lowered and nuts off motor mount bolts.

Still have to remove fuel line, take shift knobs/levers off and take last two bolts out of the crossmember. I think that's it. I'm not sure what is the best way to lower the transmission once the cross member is loose. I plan on using a floor jack.

This is my first go at something like this. Please tell me if I'm missing something.

:cheers:

Chad

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Do you have a engine tilt sling? Cheap and worth their weight in gold!

I think I'm all set to jerk everything out in one go. Front end is completely open, exhaust disconnected, intake hose and what-not off, both drive shafts and hood off, wiring harness out of firewall, misc. hoses and ground wires off, front sway bar lowered and nuts off motor mount bolts.

Still have to remove fuel line, take shift knobs/levers off and take last two bolts out of the crossmember. I think that's it. I'm not sure what is the best way to lower the transmission once the cross member is loose. I plan on using a floor jack.

This is my first go at something like this. Please tell me if I'm missing something.

Chad

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
They can be picked up cheap at Harbor Freight.... I second what Kevin Said. I found mine even more useful when re-installing the engine.

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
No I don't - yet. I'll be on my way to get one in a bit. Thanks for the tip! :)

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
That was fun. I couldn't find a tilt sling, but I got one those load leveler dealies, which worked fine. I now have a complete engine/tranny and T-case and exhaust hanging out back. The rest of the 93 is down in the Springs now. Glad that's over. :)

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
That was fun. I couldn't find a tilt sling, but I got one those load leveler dealies, which worked fine. I now have a complete engine/tranny and T-case and exhaust hanging out back. The rest of the 93 is down in the Springs now. Glad that's over. :)

:rolleyes: Verbiage! Tilt sling= Load leveler Silly boy! :hill:

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Tomayto, tomato - whatever you pros call it - it worked pretty well.

Chado

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
You mean one of these? It's a Towmahto :)

Attachments

• 2006_0710Image0090.JPG
    2006_0710Image0090.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 142

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
That's it. The only problem I had was I installed it with the handle on the boom side like you have pictured. At the height I needed to clear everything the angle was such that the handle would hit the boom so I had to lower the engine in order to adjust the tilt of the engine and all. Next time I'll put it on with the handle on the far side. I also used large bolts, washers and nuts to secure the chain to the brackets. Lifting the engine and rolling the 80 out from under it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I'm slowly working my way towards a second bannana sticker. :)