Pre-Running

There is a couple of us from Tall Corn Cruisers heading towards Moab on the 28th, we were wondering when you all would be in camp and start pre-running. We would really enjoy doing some runs with you folks, as we don't have the opportunity to get out west as much as we would like. We are going to do a couple trails in CO along the way, if anyone has some recommendations, please let me know...nothing to difficult, just something more scenic.

Thanks,
Art
(aka Packman)
President-Tall Corn Cruisers
www.tallcorncruisers.org

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Welcome. I will be in camp that Sunday and I know of a few who will be there on Saturday.

Along I-70 you will be passing several. Just not sure if they are open because of the snow melt

Spring Creek Between Idaho Springs and Georgetown

Bill Moore Lake outside Empire -

There are a few more. Someone else will chime in on others and if they are typically open.

The best ones don't open til June and take you to the mtn peaks.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Along the way, I think you'll have better luck once you get closer to Moab.. like from Eagle on west. All the good stuff in the mountains is still pretty socked in with snow (not that snow isn't fun)

As for preruns while out in Moab, yeah you bet just show up in camp- at least someone will be running something every single day from Saturday onward... pretty unstructured though, won't take much to convince someone to go run something. See you in the desert!

wesintl

RS Moderator
We are going to do a couple trails in CO along the way, if anyone has some recommendations, please let me know...nothing to difficult, just something more scenic.

I would go straight to the desert. There is stuff in the san raphael swell and tons of trails to do in moab. Come back in July aug to hit the scenic trails that are buried in snow right now.

I highly recommend the Crescent-LaSal loop road that runs east and somewhat north of Moab itself. There are a lot of spur roads off it to explore in a more wooded setting. This is where I camp when staying around Moab-I was brought up to never pay for a campsite, and prefer the nature surroundings as opposed to diesel exhaust.....You can actually connect to the loop road as you enter the outskirts of Moab travelling south on 128 and after the small junkyard town of Cisco.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Many parts of the Kokopelli Trail are 4x4 routes and can be accessed easily from Moab. Latitude 40 Moab East map - the Moab maps from Lat 40 are superb, and Grant and Mary at Lat 40 are good people.

Wow...ask and you shall receive!!! Thanks all. I'll be in camp either on Sunday midday or Monday AM...all depends on the Day 1 drive. I'm staying at Slickrock so I'll catch up with you there.

-Art

E

Exo4

Arriving June 29th

Hi,

We are getting there on the 29th, so we will pop by the campground on Saturday morning. We are staying in a condo. :Princess: :Princess:

What time do people usually head out?

We'd be insterested in doing some more scenic easy stuff Sat-Tues. so we don't break before the official CM. :birf:

--Greg

I would like to do some other trails besides the ones we do during Cruise Moab, and as you said, no breakage. Just got out of a mud pit on 10 Mile Wash this last Monday in Moab. Luck had it there were trees nearby.
Hopefully I will see you Sun-Mon.
Brian