• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Powertanks and QMAXX 12V Compressor

Crash

Rising Sun Member
So my ARB compressor died yesterday. I just bought a Master Flow Q-MAXX MF1052 12 volt compressor at Costco for $48 plus tax a few weeks ago and am also selling my Powertank setup. See post for info and pics of the Powertanks at: http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=7778 The Master Flow is the one that is showing up on the trail a lot these days and seems to work very well.
The plan is to either take the 12V compressor back to Costco for credit or sell it here for $50. It is basically unused and new in the box. The burned out ARB pump will be replaced by the new ARB compressor which is capable of filling tires so I don't need the Q-MAXX or the Powertanks. I'll probably put the Powertanks on Colorado4x4.org in a week and take the 12V back next weekend if they don't sell here.
Thanks!

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Replied to your other thread, LMK.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
it's a great price, but right now is just a bad time...no one is buying anything. :(

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Steve, I think you may be disappointed in the performance of one compressor vs. the Powertank. Two in parallel is livable. The 1050 rocks all over the ARB.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Right you are, Ige and thanks for the price check. I'll wait until before Cruise Moab next spring and try again if I still want to sell them then.

it's a great price, but right now is just a bad time...no one is buying anything. :(

Crash

Rising Sun Member
I've used the Q-Maxx a couple of times now and of course it isn't in the same league as CO2 for quickness. It does have some redeeming qualities however, space required to transport being a big one. The new, higher volume, ARB pumps are pretty sweet and every bit as capable as the Q-Maxx according to the tests I've seen on the 'net.

Steve, I think you may be disappointed in the performance of one compressor vs. the Powertank. Two in parallel is livable. The 1050 rocks all over the ARB.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I run two of the equivalent compressors, and like it! Gives me a backup too. One is... leisurely. Gets it done, but you have time to socialize, let me put it that way.

It's about two Guinness or four Bud Lights on the beer/speed spectrum.