Powertank Question

Nemo

Trail Ready
Where do you guys get yours filled. Looking for something close to me. I live in Cherry Creek / Congress Park location. I can def. stop by Slee on my way to Moab tomorrow but was wondering of something closer.

Thanks
John

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I go to Red Comet Fire Ext service near Santa fe and Dartmouth. They fill while you wait.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Any Gas/Welding supply place can fill it but they may ask you to leave it, Ken has the best place listed already that I know. They are fair and will do it while you wait if needed.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I usually go to:
High Plains Welding
3035 S Umatilla St
Englewood, CO 80110
(303) 789-2844

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I usually go to:
High Plains Welding
3035 S Umatilla St
Englewood, CO 80110
(303) 789-2844

I use to go there. Red Comet is two blocks away, was a few $$$ cheaper and I didn't have to come back in an hour.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
red comet

RC is about 1/2 the cost of High plains, but they stop filling at 4:00pm.

High plains is open on weekends which is nice, but they charge a surcharge for "while you wait" service too.

So, plan ahead and go to RC. They are very familiar with our powertanks, cost less and can do it on the spot.

Now if you are in a pinch, or can drop off a tank and pick it up the next day, have to do it on a weekend, don't mind spending more money, and/or need to exchange your welding gas tanks, then High plains is fine too.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Does Red Comet freeze the tank before filling or is that not necessary if you have a pump to fill the tank with? Christo fills tanks with a pump but I was thinking he still likes to get the tank at least cold.

RC is about 1/2 the cost of High plains, but they stop filling at 4:00pm.

High plains is open on weekends which is nice, but they charge a surcharge for "while you wait" service too.

So, plan ahead and go to RC. They are very familiar with our powertanks, cost less and can do it on the spot.

Now if you are in a pinch, or can drop off a tank and pick it up the next day, have to do it on a weekend, don't mind spending more money, and/or need to exchange your welding gas tanks, then High plains is fine too.