• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Plug question...or temp probe fun :)

FJBen

I have an aftermarket temp gauge with a long probe ;) I was going to put it right in the thermostat housing...but it's too long and hits the thermostat :mad:

it was in the side of the block, and I took it out so that I could mount it in a better position :rolleyes: So what I've found, is on the top I have a few "plugs" The one is filled with my CTS, and one in the back appears that it's the one i need.

Problem is, it has a "square"
square_socket_head_plug_black_steel.jpg

and it's not a normal size. 1/4" won't work and 3/8" is too big. WTF?:rant: Anyone know how I can get that plug out to use my sensor? Or is there another gauge that has a smaller probe?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Take a bolt that is close to the size of the square hole and grind 4 sides on it and make yourself a tool......(not saying that you are a tool just that you could be a tool maker....;) )
I have an aftermarket temp gauge with a long probe ;) I was going to put it right in the thermostat housing...but it's too long and hits the thermostat :mad:

it was in the side of the block, and I took it out so that I could mount it in a better position :rolleyes: So what I've found, is on the top I have a few "plugs" The one is filled with my CTS, and one in the back appears that it's the one i need.

Problem is, it has a "square"
square_socket_head_plug_black_steel.jpg

and it's not a normal size. 1/4" won't work and 3/8" is too big. WTF?:rant: Anyone know how I can get that plug out to use my sensor? Or is there another gauge that has a smaller probe?

FJBen

Take a bolt that is close to the size of the square hole and grind 4 sides on it and make yourself a tool......(not saying that you are a tool just that you could be a tool maker....;) )

thats a good thought...sometimes I"M a tool tho!

thanks! :beer:

FJBen

another thought....can I move the shorter Coolant Temp Sensor to that spot on the thermostat housing and put my guage in the other spot? Or will that cause some issues?